Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,256   Posts: 1,660,478   Online: 829

Page 64 of 128 FirstFirst ... 14545859606162636465666768697074114 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    So I was out thrift shopping with my family and I found a gem today that really excited me. I spotted a very very clean Nikon F (late serial, 1971 I think) with an equally clean 50mm f/2 Non-AI. They were asking $49 for the kit so I grabbed it. I was pretty excited to find such a beast at a thrift store and not have it be $200+ like so many California thrift stores like to charge these days.
    - Abram

Leica M2 / Hasselblad 500CM

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by agphotography View Post
    So I was out thrift shopping with my family and I found a gem today that really excited me. I spotted a very very clean Nikon F (late serial, 1971 I think) with an equally clean 50mm f/2 Non-AI. They were asking $49 for the kit so I grabbed it. I was pretty excited to find such a beast at a thrift store and not have it be $200+ like so many California thrift stores like to charge these days.
    Amazingly good score! I'm sure I would have bought it too.

Shooter
    35mm
    I should be getting a Nikon FG the beginning of next week. A very nice gentleman from Texas had bought a lot of various items, it was in it and he didn't want it. He offered it to me if I would cover the postage! Very fair deal and a great start to the new year.
    WJS/wi/usa

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by agphotography View Post
    +1. Congrats, Sir: A rather nice find! And a rather good omen for the New Year.

Shooter
    35mm

Here is my Christmas presents to myself: an F2 ordered directly from Mr. Wong in the UK (just the body; I already had the prism and motor drive).

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Nice set!! with "mr. Wong in the UK" you mean: http://www.soverf2repair.webs.com/ ??

Quote Originally Posted by LJSLATER View Post

Here is my Christmas presents to myself: an F2 ordered directly from Mr. Wong in the UK (just the body; I already had the prism and motor drive).
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup

* I'm an analogue enthusiast, trying not to fall into the digital abyss.
    * My favorite cameras: Mamiya C330f, Nikon S2, Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T, Nikon F4s, Olympus Pen FT, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for the +1s I too feel, that it was a good sign for the new year. I think it's going to be my main 35mm for manual shooting with the Fm2n as a backup. I managed to locate a plain prism for a fair price already so I think it'll be good to go. I'm going to work with it and see if any funky issues develop, but it's so clean I can tell it wasn't abused in its lifetime, I also peg it as being made between 1971/1972 so it's almost an Apollo
    - Abram

Leica M2 / Hasselblad 500CM

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LJSLATER View Post

Congrats! So, I can call off the search dogs...

-J
    APUG: F4, F3P, F2AS, Nikomat FT2
    DPUG: D2x
    Nikkors: 18-55/3.5-5.6G AF-S DX (f/D2x), 20/3.5 UD, 24/2 AI, 50/2 H, 50/1.4 S, 85/1.8 K, 105/4 Micro AIS, 180/2.8 PC

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by TheToadMen View Post
    Nice set!! with "mr. Wong in the UK" you mean: http://www.soverf2repair.webs.com/ ??
    Correct, sir. It was expensive, but cheaper than buying a body elsewhere and mailing it to him.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Nikon_F View Post
    Congrats! So, I can call off the search dogs...

-J
    No, sic them on a 15/5.6! Won't have enough bread for a long time, though

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin