Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,213   Posts: 1,659,452   Online: 920

Page 66 of 128 FirstFirst ... 16566061626364656667686970717276116 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by agphotography View Post
    Well I figured I'd share a couple pics with my fellow film nerds. So that F that I picked up was real nice and clean with its FTN prism, but I tracked down a pretty clean plain prism (it came from KEH and was a little dirty with a couple very small dings, but I cleaned it up easily) and now it's just perfect. Perfect I tell you.
    Yes it is, it looks just like mine! The F with plain prism balances perfectly with the lens you have on in the photo (Nikon's best 50 IMO, I have 2), the 35/2.8, and the 28/3.5 - both of which are inexpensive and very good.
    Last edited by E. von Hoegh; 01-09-2014 at 01:02 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I already had a 50 1.4 AI and 35mm 2 AI-s with my FM2n that I've got lurking about but I agree that 50mm f/2 H is a wonderful optic indeed!
    - Abram

Leica M2 / Hasselblad 500CM

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I already had a 50 1.4 AI and 35mm 2 AI-s with my FM2n that I've got lurking about but I agree that 50mm f/2 H is a wonderful optic indeed!
    I had two 1.4 NAIs and a 1.2 NAI, I got rid of all of them when I discovered the 50/2. One just sold here for $35, an AI or AIS. Quite possibly the biggest bang for the buck in 35mm photography right now.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich K View Post
    Strangely, having posted about my Voigtlander Bessa yesterday, today I've inherited Andy K's (my brother who passed away last month) Rolleicord vb type 2.
    After a brief look at it the most exciting thing is that it has a part used film in it so I'm looking forward to
    a : finishing the film and
    b : getting the film developed to see the last images my brother shot.
    +1,000! But sorry to hear about your brother passing away.
    ME Super

Shoot more film.
    There are eight ways to put a slide into a projector tray. Seven of them are wrong.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    A few years ago, I needed some money and sold my RB67. I very soon regretted it and recently, I started to look for something to replace it.

Before I had the RB67, I bought a Bronica ETRS which was the cheapest medium format SLR I could find. I often wondered if I had bought a SQ, instead, would I have bought the RB as I like the square format and waist level finders.

I started to look at SQs for sale... until the older S2 cameras caught my eye. After a while I found this one for sale for a good price and separately, the Nikkor 200mm lens in a camera dealer's sale (I also have the standard Nikkor 75mm which the camera came with).

Anyway, it turned up yesterday and here it is on my father's old Linhof tripod which is of similar vintage (1960s).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BRONICA.JPG 
Views:	38 
Size:	50.3 KB 
ID:	79965

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    A few years ago, I needed some money and sold my RB67. I very soon regretted it and recently, I started to look for something to replace it.

Before I had the RB67, I bought a Bronica ETRS which was the cheapest medium format SLR I could find. I often wondered if I had bought a SQ, instead, would I have bought the RB as I like the square format and waist level finders.

I started to look at SQs for sale... until the older S2 cameras caught my eye. After a while I found this one for sale for a good price and separately, the Nikkor 200mm lens in a camera dealer's sale (I also have the standard Nikkor 75mm which the camera came with).

Anyway, it turned up yesterday and here it is on my father's old Linhof tripod which is of similar vintage (1960s).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BRONICA.JPG 
Views:	38 
Size:	50.3 KB 
ID:	79965

Steve.
    Very nice, including the Linhof head! I did did the opposite of you a couple of years ago. I had a square-format Bronica (EC-TL) and traded for a Mamiya RB system. I'm very glad to have the RB but I miss the Bronica and Nikkor lenses. I hope you enjoy the S2, Steve!

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Well I figured I'd share a couple pics with my fellow film nerds. So that F that I picked up was real nice and clean with its FTN prism, but I tracked down a pretty clean plain prism (it came from KEH and was a little dirty with a couple very small dings, but I cleaned it up easily) and now it's just perfect. Perfect I tell you.
    Abram,

Nice looking F. Got basically the same kit sitting on my bookshelf waiting until the weather clears (and I get over this flu bug).

-J
    APUG: F4, F3P, F2AS, Nikomat FT2
    DPUG: D2x
    Nikkors: 18-55/3.5-5.6G AF-S DX (f/D2x), 20/3.5 UD, 24/2 AI, 50/2 H, 50/1.4 S, 85/1.8 K, 105/4 Micro AIS, 180/2.8 PC

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

Shooter
    35mm
    Nice bookshelf, John.

My latest is a black Nikon FG-20 with its Series E 50mm F1.8 2nd version.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails $_12.JPG  
    Fed 2, 5
    Zenit 11
    Olympus OM-1N, OM-2N, OM-4, OM10
    A bunch of Nikons
    Ferrania backer

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Ricardo,

Nice score...

Re: the bookshelf, thanks.

-J
    APUG: F4, F3P, F2AS, Nikomat FT2
    DPUG: D2x
    Nikkors: 18-55/3.5-5.6G AF-S DX (f/D2x), 20/3.5 UD, 24/2 AI, 50/2 H, 50/1.4 S, 85/1.8 K, 105/4 Micro AIS, 180/2.8 PC

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks! The FG-20 turned out to have a rough winding. just a bit noisy on the gears, so it will need a service.
    And today I couldn't resist to another Nikon EM and its Series E 50mm F1.8. Both 1st version, all black! Ufff, I like EMs!
    Fed 2, 5
    Zenit 11
    Olympus OM-1N, OM-2N, OM-4, OM10
    A bunch of Nikons
    Ferrania backer

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin