Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,709   Posts: 1,669,806   Online: 867

Page 99 of 128 FirstFirst ... 498993949596979899100101102103104105109 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Awaiting my first Leica....III with Summitar.

Shooter
    35mm
    Bought myself a Olympus 35 RC for less then $2

Shooter
    35mm
    Two non-working Minolta XD-11s on the way.

Brentwood, Contra Costa County, California, USA
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just bought a Canon Rebel G (date back model) in excellent condition from KEH.

Shooter
    35mm
    I just found a Olympus Trip 35 at a nearby flea market that works and it's only problems are a little ding and need of new light seals. I am not sure what year it is but I look forward to using it.

Shooter
    Multi Format

Canonet QL17

In like new condition, but needs new light seals. Can't wait to put a roll in it to try it out.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I went to an estate sale of photographer friend that was being run by his niece. She had got tired of trying to sell his film equipment in this digital age and just wanted to get it out of her house. She is a manager of one of our camera stores so she knows what stuff is worth in other markets. She wasn't interested in the online auction. Anyways she held out and got really good prices for his Leicas and Hasselblads but the 35mm stuff was cheap. I got a Nikon F2 black body with a Nikon DP-1 Finder and a Nikkor S F1.8/50mm for $55, a Nikon F2A chrome body with a Nikon DP-11 Finder for $50 and for free a Nikon F2 chrome body with a Nikon DE-1 Finder (has a slight bind in the advance mechanism but moves the film the proper length), a Nikon FM body with a non-functioning meter and a functioning Nikon F801 body. Also bought a couple of really cool art deco styled folding cameras for the collection. I also bought a Linhoff Schneider-Krueznach Angulon f6.8 90mm lens with a Prontor-S shutter for my 4X5 for $5. So I've been busy shooting film and getting to know the F2's. These are the one's I will probably use the most.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Rollei 35. Purchased in Burlington Camera Store, Ontario, on previous week.
    To switch it with Oly XA as everyday pocket camera.
    my Film Flickr. aslo, using enlarger, in the darkroom.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Just shot my first roll (colour) with a "new" (i.e. old) old Aires 35 III! Will disassemble for cleaning but appears to work even without a CLA,

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LumbisK View Post
    I went to an estate sale of photographer friend that was being run by his niece. She had got tired of trying to sell his film equipment in this digital age and just wanted to get it out of her house. She is a manager of one of our camera stores so she knows what stuff is worth in other markets. She wasn't interested in the online auction. Anyways she held out and got really good prices for his Leicas and Hasselblads but the 35mm stuff was cheap. I got a Nikon F2 black body with a Nikon DP-1 Finder and a Nikkor S F1.8/50mm for $55, a Nikon F2A chrome body with a Nikon DP-11 Finder for $50 and for free a Nikon F2 chrome body with a Nikon DE-1 Finder (has a slight bind in the advance mechanism but moves the film the proper length), a Nikon FM body with a non-functioning meter and a functioning Nikon F801 body. Also bought a couple of really cool art deco styled folding cameras for the collection. I also bought a Linhoff Schneider-Krueznach Angulon f6.8 90mm lens with a Prontor-S shutter for my 4X5 for $5. So I've been busy shooting film and getting to know the F2's. These are the one's I will probably use the most.

It might be worth saving up and sending the F2 bodies that you plan to use to Sover Wong for servicing...

Anyway, sounds like you scored.

-J
    APUG: F3P, F2AS, Nikomat FT2
    DPUG: D2x
    Nikkors: 18-70/3.5-4.5G AF-S DX (f/D2x), 20/3.5 UD, 24/2 AI, 35/2 O, 50/2 H, 50/1.4 S, 85/1.8 K, 105/4 Micro AIS, 180/2.8 PC
    'tax gear: Spot II, 55/1.8 Super-Multi-Coated Takumar

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin