Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,497   Posts: 1,571,464   Online: 1136

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by rich815 View Post
    I got my 1,000,000+ user M2 with a full CLA for $550. I think those prices are a tad high unless they were CLA'd recently and without the dents you describe. I'd be patient.
    Well... they're mine now. I hope there's no issues. I won't have time to shoot for a week or so.

M2 has dents. M3 is "clean user".

I haven't seen them come up too often locally - it's all online and it seems more risky. If I lose some money if/when I sell, it would still be cheaper than my d1g1tl adventures.
    Last edited by Andrey; 04-17-2013 at 11:07 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Andrey, that is a pretty good price for them if they are unproven. In the long run, you have done well. If you use them then they are far more valuable! Eventually you will probably need to get them CLA'd. If you don't see any problems then don't worry about it right now. Plan on doing it though. They will last you the rest of your life if you take care of them.

Shooter
    35mm
    What do you mean by "unproven"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Robert James View Post
    Andrey, that is a pretty good price for them if they are unproven. In the long run, you have done well. If you use them then they are far more valuable! Eventually you will probably need to get them CLA'd. If you don't see any problems then don't worry about it right now. Plan on doing it though. They will last you the rest of your life if you take care of them.
    I hope I won't have to CLA yet. They've been taken apart and serviced at some time. If they work now and work for the next 2-3 years, I'm very happy. By then I decide which one I like more.

I've spent the last few hours trying to understand my new cameras, my relationship to them and the promises they bring.

The fact is, I wasn't planning to buy a leica. I was thinking about them for a while, but I simply needed a body for zeiss sonnar. I was counting on some a bessa or a zeiss ikon if it's a good deal.

Bessas go for 400 and the difference seemed negligible for the "leica experience"

Now I'm looking at them. The body seems like a polished lovechild between a fed and a bessa. I know, I know. It's the original. But bessa has a better (brighter? ) viewfinder.

And the slow realization that there's pressure to justify me owning Leica with good images. No other camera purchase has been as introspective so far.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ehh, forget any pressure. Just go shoot and enjoy them. That is what they were made for. Shoot them a lot until you know what they and that Sonnar of yours can do.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    If you asked me whether I would take a free Bessa or a spend a few hundred for an M2, I would take the M2. The only finder better than a Leica is the ZI. Enjoy your cameras Andrey.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    nice buy. good luck i have used and loved both, but have stuck with my M2 for my main lens - a 35mm.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    If they work, then they are both very good prices I think.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Robert James View Post
    If you asked me whether I would take a free Bessa or a spend a few hundred for an M2, I would take the M2. The only finder better than a Leica is the ZI. Enjoy your cameras Andrey.
    That's basically it. Bessas go for 350 on auction, 400 in person. The difference seemed to be worth it to get into Leica.

The major benefit is that the foam seals don't turn to mucky mess.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I know nothing about Leicas, but I do know what's considered a "fair deal" depends on if you are are buying or selling
    Ben

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin