Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,699   Posts: 1,482,586   Online: 849

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Ok, so options continue to grow. I guess at this point maybe considering an FA and a 35mm F/2 and just sticking with that--seeing as though that's my ideal lens and I really prefer the older build in my hands. I just got offered a gorgeous nickel plated Zone Vi 4x5 with two brand new Schneider lenses for a good price, so Nikon stuff might not be top priority at the moment!
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    35mm
    F2 and never ask these questions again (you'll be just growing your F2 stable for the rest of your life )

be patient and wait for the 35/2 O.C and 85/1.8 H.C; buying anything else now will just extend the wait before you get these two

ps. of the dozens of Nikons I have owned the two FAs and the F3 were the only ones that failed on the job; anecdotal, I know, but hey, life's a joke anyway, no?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Haha, glad to know that!
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Klainmeister View Post
    Ok, so options continue to grow. I guess at this point maybe considering an FA and a 35mm F/2 and just sticking with that--seeing as though that's my ideal lens and I really prefer the older build in my hands. I just got offered a gorgeous nickel plated Zone Vi 4x5 with two brand new Schneider lenses for a good price, so Nikon stuff might not be top priority at the moment!
    If you need the featureset of the FA then there is no manual focus Nikon alternative. Besides, it really is a fine shooter!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin