Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,206   Posts: 1,531,879   Online: 1037

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Trade Days find, 2 AE-1 cameras and accessories

I didn't have room to sort the stuff as well as I'd like for the photo, but here it is.
    We were at the monthly Tannehill Trade Days event (Tannehill State Park, AL), and ran across a blue tub full of camera parts. At this event, I usually see a broken body with maybe a lens, and the guy will be asking 30 or 40 bucks for it. I pass on these.
    This one was labeled $70 for the box, and I noticed that the 2 cameras and their lenses were all from the same family. Figuring this was a good sign, and seeing what seemed to be a mobile studio's worth of gear, my better half an I agreed to check back on our way out. So... obviously we picked up the bin, with Two AE-1 cameras, two 1.8/50 lenses, a couple longer ones, all seem clean enough, but I'll get 'em under better light when I can. There was a box of like new gel filters, the bracket/flash you see in the pic, a belt brace, case, a handful of expired film (she said it'd been refrigerated, I'll call it "fun" film). A bunch of cords, a light meter that doesn't seem to be functional, another simpler flash bracket, the pictured umbrella, a metric buttload of paper in several sizes. I can't swear to the condition of the paper, so it'll be like the film, just to play with. Some of it is perfectly sized for the shoebox pinhole cameras we built a while back.
    A set of flash filters, and a bunch of other small stuff I can't list off the top of my head at the moment (I have just about all of it in the pic), and we ended up agreeing on $47 for the lot.

I've tested one of the cameras so far (the one mounted in the bracket), and it seems to fire pretty well at high and low speed. I'll run a roll or two through it and see how that goes.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_9110.jpg  

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Woooooohoooooo! What a haul! I hit the flea market today and batted zero, glad to see somone come out ahead today!
    Andy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks. One interesting thing I found, never seen before... a couple of inflatable umbrellas. Gotta play with those... if they aren't so old and brittle they'll fall apart anyway.
    Or do they have any collector value in the box?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ah, turns out the other body is an AE-1 Program. It's missing an exterior piece of leatherette, on the front of the camera, but that's fixable. I moved the new battery to this one and it also seems to meter and fire well. Neither one squeals either.
    They were used by the lady I bought 'em from, to create photo mousepads to sell, and they're pretty clean, so I figure they were well maintained. She'd recently gone digital, and seemed happy that someone who was actually interested in film photography showed up to pick 'em up.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Great haul. Enjoy all those goodies.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Art

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    nice vivitar 285 in there as well. does it work?
    Go not to the elves for counsel, for they will say both yes and no.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Still working on getting it all cleaned up. I'm also setting up some BYOD hardware for my new IT job today, so I may not be able to play with this stuff until next weekend. There is a little corrosion on the battery contacts, but otherwise everything looks pretty clean, so I'm hoping most of it works ok.

Shooter
    35mm
    Impressive haul. I'm envious
    -Markster

Canon AE-1P 35mm | 50mm/f1.8 FDn | 28mm/2.8 FD | 70-200mm/f4-5 FD | 35-70mm/F2.8-3.5 Sigma FD

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've never seen such grip at a flash bracket.

But... I don't see anything that will make me think of a belt brace.
    Or is that monopod to be fixed at the waist belt??
    Last edited by AgX; 04-22-2013 at 05:08 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That's what it looks like, and how it's labeled. I gave it a try, and not being used to such a device, it just felt awkward compared to the more familiar (to me, anyway) ways of holding a camera.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin