Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,970   Posts: 1,523,517   Online: 848

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nikon FE update

Shooter
    Medium Format

Nikon FE update

Hey guys,

I souped up a roll of Ilford Delta ASA 100 last night and they turned wonderful. I did a study of texture and light and dark and a few shots of my kids. The images came out fantastic for a 35mm. I'll post a quick pic when I scan to show you. Great little camera with vintage vibe to it. Little side note.. The AUTO mode for exposure was very consistant. So sad to these little beauties being tossed to the side.

ToddB
    Last edited by ToddB; 05-02-2013 at 10:11 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A couple of years ago I was given a "cast off" FE by a friend and after very little rehab (replacing the battery and adding a motordrive) use it as a primary camera. I, too, have good success with the A exposure mode in most circumstances.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    So sad to these little beauties being tossed to the side.
    I feel the same way.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I am consistently impressed by how darn good that meter is.
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A neat feature of the analogue meter in the FE is that it can do considerably longer exposures than the FE2 (which times out after 8 seconds IIRC). I have actually never owned an FE, apart from a trashed one that I got in a jumble sale and resold for spares. But I did use it once on loan from a friend while my F3 was in for repairs. It is just about the quintessential camera - everything is simple, and everything works. Put some decent glass on it, and one can make great images.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The FE has been my favorite SLR for decades. Wonderful design, easy to use and we all know about Nikkor lenses.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Through the years I've owned and used F2, F3, FE2, FM2, and a few AF Nikon bodies (of no consequence to mention). Now y'all got me wanting to give an FE a try too!
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    35mm RF
    The FE was my first Nikon, bought back in 1979. I put a lot of film through it (and also the F2A). It has always been a very reliable camera. And still is.

My only quibble is that the film advance must be in the "stand off" position to take a photo. Through the years, I've missed a few shots here and there because the film advance was in the "stowed" position.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by rich815 View Post
    Through the years I've owned and used F2, F3, FE2, FM2, and a few AF Nikon bodies (of no consequence to mention). Now y'all got me wanting to give an FE a try too!
    The regular FE is a sleeper. Its a great camera ,yes it needs batteries so is over looked by the anti battery gang. Which is good because they flock to the FM and drive its price up while we get to get great deals on a better camera muhahahhaa.The self timer lever does a neat trick on the metering which shouldn't be over looked too.
    APUG: F, F/FTN,F2,F2A,F2AS,F3,F3HP,FA,FE,FM,FM2,FE2,XK,XM,XD, XD-5,XD-7,XD-11,XE,XE-5,XE-7,SRT101,SRT102,XG9,XG7,XG1,XG-SE,XG-M,X700,OM-1,OM-1n,OM-2,OM-2n,OM-4,F-1,F-1N,AE-1P,R5,500C/M,SCII
    DPUG:D100,D200,D300

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by elekm View Post
    The FE was my first Nikon, bought back in 1979. I put a lot of film through it (and also the F2A). It has always been a very reliable camera. And still is.

My only quibble is that the film advance must be in the "stand off" position to take a photo. Through the years, I've missed a few shots here and there because the film advance was in the "stowed" position.
    Thats my biggest gripe with Nikon, they saddled their best cameras with this, it drove left eyed shooters away from the brand. The F3 doesn't have tihs problem which is why it one of my favorite Nikons.
    APUG: F, F/FTN,F2,F2A,F2AS,F3,F3HP,FA,FE,FM,FM2,FE2,XK,XM,XD, XD-5,XD-7,XD-11,XE,XE-5,XE-7,SRT101,SRT102,XG9,XG7,XG1,XG-SE,XG-M,X700,OM-1,OM-1n,OM-2,OM-2n,OM-4,F-1,F-1N,AE-1P,R5,500C/M,SCII
    DPUG:D100,D200,D300

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin