Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,222   Posts: 1,532,474   Online: 1113

Shooter
    35mm

about the Yashica FX-3 super 2000 and best yashica zoom:advices!!!

Hi guys?
    What do you think about this cheap camera?...is the mirror slap in this model very heavy?...are there many differences with the normal Fx3 made by Yashica or not?

Another question:is the DSB series so bad as many people say?...for example what about the Yashica DSB 28mm?
    Last question,please!oes exist a good zoom for this camera made by Yashica?...Unfortunately I can't buy any Zeiss:they're so exansive!!!
    Thank you very much!
    Regards

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    These are fantastic cameras. Solid, reliable. The meter is great. Very underrated. Mirror slap is noisy but no more so than its contemporaries.

The dsb lenses are OK. You can find ML-series lenses for reasonable prices on the auction site or, possibly by posting a WTB post here on APUG. I gave away a DSB zoom lens last year. It was a fine performer. Noticeably better than the kit lens that came with my work EOS Rebel T3 (DSLR) ... for my personal work, I don't use zooms so I never used it with film.

EDIT: I think the zoom was a 75-200.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I believe the ML 80-200 f4 is a decent zoom. Yashica ML lenses in general have a very good reputation.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I like the MC 35~70mm zoom, the MC lenses are more compact than the ML lenses. There are two versions of the DSB 28mm, one with a 55mm (or 52mm?) filter thread, and one with a 58mm filter thread. I found the small version to be a OK if a little cheap, but the rare (and quite expensive) larger version is a very good, well built lens, if you can find one. I regret selling mine. The only real differences between the Super 2000 and the original FX 3 are a faster shutter on the former and a meter switch on the latter that is separate from the shutter button.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    In terms of the mirror, it goes up when you use the self timer. Cool trick not many people are aware of. Otherwise the mirror is fine; the only time I use the mirror pre-release is with the macro lens.

Fx3 made by Yashica
    Made by Cosina.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin