Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,771   Posts: 1,484,317   Online: 1075

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

Nikon MD12 trouble shooting

Hey guys,

I picked up a MD12 winder for a fair price and in clean condition. However, I believe I might have a problem. It's pretty straight forword on the install on the batteries and I seen on Youtube if you put a coin on the contacts on the winder, it will fire and the little red lite should light up when it fires. Does it have to be on the camera to work? I did that.. and nothing. I have a silver and black FE serial number is 3253502. I looked on line and there was nothing mentioned about this FE not supported. Do I have bad unit? I quick responce would be awesome.

ToddB

Shooter
    35mm
    Are you absolutely sure you put the batteries the right way? First time I did that I thought it was obvious which way the batteries go and then suspected everything else for the damned thing not working, and even went to a repair shop to let them sort it out. Boy, did I leave that shop ashamed!
    Other than that, I can't help you as I never test fired it after it "miraculously" worked again and I don't own it any more.

Good luck. MD-12 is a nice winder with the best grip in the history of universe.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The manual provides all necessary information for how to attach/synchronize the MD-11/12 with FE:

http://www.butkus.org/chinon/nikon/n...otor_drive.htm

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Ha! literally the exact same experience here last week.

I took some fine grit sandpaper and refreshed all the contacts deep inside the case as well as on the battery holder itself. Then I connected it to my FE, hit the R button, then went ahead and fired off some rounds. Works great!
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Are you absolutely sure you put the batteries the right way?

I followed the diagram on the side of the battery carriage. The way I understood is the diagram corrasponce with void where the batteries go? Sure would feel like idiot If I had a good winder and sent it back cause I couldn't figure out a simple task as loaded freakin batteries.

Todd

Shooter
    Medium Format
    R button..

What R button?

Todd

Shooter
    35mm
    I never heard of shorting out contacts to make sure it's working so assuming you didn't fry anything the following should allow it to work: Make sure batteries are new and loaded correctly according to the diagrams on the holder and the holder is installed correctly into the MD12 with the retaining screw tight. Place switch in the off position. Mount MD12 to camera. Move MD12 switch to on position. If shutter is not cocked you will hear the motor winder advance and cock the shutter. If the shutter is already cocked, press shutter release and it should advance. This works for my MD12 and FE2. I assume it would be the same for an FE.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Update: I got the winder to work. Cleaned contact really well. Now I have a issue with FE mirror stuck in up position, The happened when turned on the winder, How do I get that recycled?

Todd

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Update: OK.. Got the mirror to come back down. Put it on Bulb and fell. I noticed on winder there is a spring load tiny rode that pushes up inside of the camera from underneth. (Shutter Activation). Is that suppose to in the winder in the rest position or sticking out? It seems if it's out it opens the mirror.

ToddB

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Update: I GOT IT!!!!!! right on!! Thanks for the help.

Todd

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin