Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,727   Posts: 1,515,123   Online: 1109

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by peters8 View Post
    Please!help me!
    The ML 1.7/50 is an excellent lens--I own one myself--and you cannot go wrong with it.

Then again, keep in mind that 50mm is the standard focal lens for 35mm film cameras, so there are millions of such lenses around, and most manufacturers can be trusted to have produced good quality in that field.

What I'm getting at is, don't pay more than the equivalent of, say, $30-35 for a good ML 1.7. The usual asking price of German EvilBay dealers, for example, would be around €60 or more, which is definitely too much.

One last hint: If you search EvilBay for Yashica ML lenses, look for Yashica FR or FX bodies as well. They can often be had at around 20 or 30 bucks (or even less) with a nice ML thrown into the bargain. I got many of my standard and wide-angle lenses that way, by buying cameras, which I then either kept in my collection, sold off again, or threw into the trashbin... ;-)

cheers

Michael

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks,very interesting!!!
    if someone can give others opinions or advices about Yashica lens it will be a big plesure to me!
    I'd like a wideangle (24-28) that doesn't cost too much,but with a good quality...I'm not searching for very bright models...If 24 or a 28mm 2.8 or 3.5 has an aceptable quality it will be the right objetive for my FX-3.
    Regards

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Yashicano Alemán View Post

One last hint: If you search EvilBay for Yashica ML lenses, look for Yashica FR or FX bodies as well. They can often be had at around 20 or 30 bucks (or even less) with a nice ML thrown into the bargain. I got many of my standard and wide-angle lenses that way, by buying cameras, which I then either kept in my collection, sold off again, or threw into the trashbin... ;-)

cheers

Michael
    +1

Shooter
    35mm
    if someone can give others opinions or advices about Yashica lens it will be a big plesure to me!
    I'd like a wideangle (24-28) that doesn't cost too much,but with a good quality...

I own both the Zeiss and the ML 2.8/28 lenses, and I can't say the ML compares that poorly at all. In fact, it is one of the best lenses in the MF range, so by all means grab it if the price seems right. (The same goes for the Kiron 2,0/24, but it's rather hard to find and there is often an issue with oiled aperture blades).

But you have to be patient. If you want it tomorrow, you're likely to pay way too much for it.

Amongst wide-angle manual lenses with C/Y mount, there's quite a lot of trash on the market. Beware of brand names like Sigma, Hama, Hanimex, Danubia, Soligor, Vivitar and the like if you don't know exactly what you're doing. (There are some excellent lenses in this motley assortment too, but it takes some research to tell them from the rest, which are usually rather poor performers.) A priceworthy alternative to the ML 28 might be a Yashica DSB lens. However, I have no personal experience there.

Michael

Shooter
    35mm
    Correction: My second sentence must read, "The 2.8/28 is one of the best lenses in the [Yashica] ML range."

Shooter
    35mm
    I'd like a wideangle (24-28) that doesn't cost too much,but with a good quality...I'm not searching for very bright models...If 24 or a 28mm 2.8 or 3.5 has an aceptable quality it will be the right objetive for my FX-3.
    Regards
    Well I have two crappy DSB lenses...one is 55mm f2 and the other is the 28mm f2.8, someone gave me another 55mm f2 and that is much better. The ML 135mm f2.8 is nothing special, just good like many 135mms......so for me I avoid Yashica lenses although there are some very good ones (so I've read).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin