Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,283   Posts: 1,534,948   Online: 915

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by dotyj View Post
    Wait a minute. Someone makes auto-focus lenses? Maybe I should start buying newer gear?
    Not only that, but some of the Canon EOS film cameras have the eye control focus. Mine works very well. But I find I like the look of my M42 Russian glass better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Actually, some of the latest generation of "mirrorless" d!git@l cameras have interchangeable lenses with very short registration distances. That makes it fairly trivial to make adapters for older manual lenses and I see lots of talk about people doing that. No doubt some will adapt because they already have lenses in hand. I don't have any idea whether the number of people using those cameras deciding to run out to acquire such lenses would represent a visible bump in demand. I think a lot of those cameras are acquired to use as high end P&S.

(Time will tell!)

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by E. von Hoegh View Post
    No, don't waste the time and money. They'll never catch on.
    Sage advice. I love this forum.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by ambaker View Post
    Not only that, but some of the Canon EOS film cameras have the eye control focus. Mine works very well. But I find I like the look of my M42 Russian glass better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Perhaps I should buy one and head out to a beach on a warm day to see which photos are in focus?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Where the link mentions a 35mm lens, what is the format size of the DSLR it is being used on? Without knowing this I can't follow what he is trying to say.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by cliveh View Post
    Where the link mentions a 35mm lens, what is the format size of the DSLR it is being used on? Without knowing this I can't follow what he is trying to say.
    One of the first things I thought of. It's a Nikon D3s with a 24x36 sensor.
    Just think, that lens has been waiting 31 years for him to discover it. Damn nice lens, too.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by E. von Hoegh View Post
    One of the first things I thought of. It's a Nikon D3s with a 24x36 sensor.
    Just think, that lens has been waiting 31 years for him to discover it. Damn nice lens, too.
    If that's the case what does this statement in the link mean?

"In terms of composition, the 35mm lens is the closest to the focal composition of the human eye."
    Read more at http://petapixel.com/2013/05/16/the-...oDHUMaBFOty.99

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by cliveh View Post
    If that's the case what does this statement in the link mean?

"In terms of composition, the 35mm lens is the closest to the focal composition of the human eye."
    Read more at http://petapixel.com/2013/05/16/the-...oDHUMaBFOty.99
    It means he's a kid enthusing over a new toy, and wouldn't do very well at all with a camera that required thought and knowledge to use.

Shooter
    35mm
    I wonder what lens the author normally uses if he thinks the 35/1.4 is "Small, Light and Compact".
    Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by perkeleellinen View Post
    I wonder what lens the author normally uses if he thinks the 35/1.4 is "Small, Light and Compact".
    It is, compared to the ubiquitous kit zoom.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin