Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,296   Posts: 1,535,708   Online: 904

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Originally Posted by Jeff Kubach

Maybe so. I still like manual focus lenses. BTW If you took a manual focus lense and focus on a car would that become auto focus?

Jeff
    Show yourself out...
    Groan now, you'll be telling it.
    APUG: F, F/FTN,F2,F2A,F2AS,F3,F3HP,FA,FE,FM,FM2,FE2,XK,XM,XD, XD-5,XD-7,XD-11,XE,XE-5,XE-7,SRT101,SRT102,XG9,XG7,XG1,XG-SE,XG-M,X700,OM-1,OM-1n,OM-2,OM-2n,OM-4,F-1,F-1N,AE-1P,R5,500C/M,SCII
    DPUG:D100,D200,D300

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kubach View Post
    Maybe so. I still like manual focus lenses. BTW If you took a manual focus lense and focus on a car would that become auto focus?

Jeff

Nah, true auto focus can only be achieved by very self centric people....
    http://street-photos.net/ | http://felinik.com/ | http://www.facebook.com/jf.felinik

"The one with the most stuff when he dies wins"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Felinik View Post
    Which could explain why uncle Otto loves to be the center of attention. :grin:

For moving subjects, auto focus is a blessing. I find that for still work, I can get a better focus manually.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by perkeleellinen View Post
    I wonder what lens the author normally uses if he thinks the 35/1.4 is "Small, Light and Compact".
    You haven't seen how big many modern 35mm format lenses have gotten, have you? Google Sigma 50mm f1.4...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    How do you be come a photo writer without ever having used a 35mm lens? Man, what has become of online gear reviews nowadays?!

On a side note, Ive had the 35mm 1.4 nikkor for a little while and its a nice lens and really smooth to use, and is in no way light or compact haha. The reviewer should try the cv nokton 35mm 1.4, now thats what I call a compact 35.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Felinik View Post

BTW, just love your sig, Felinik (if only it weren't so darn true...)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What is old is new again... The 35mm (on 35mm full frame) was always popular.
    I feel, therefore I photograph.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Not to thread hijack, but...
    As I get back in to photography and dusted off the spotmatic, as I search for info to pick up a couple more lenses, I notice that m42 is awful popular with the people who mount real lenses on digital cameras. Is this driving up prices enought that I should think about something different for my slr needs?

Spelling edits, too late at night to think about grammar

Shooter
    127 Format
    Images
    Lauris-

Just look for the M42 lenses outside of eBay/online retailers. They're common, and easy to find in good shape, you just have to be patient.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Lauris View Post
    I notice that m42 is awful popular with the people who mount real lenses on digital cameras. Is this driving up prices enought that I should think about something different for my slr needs?
    Sorry this reply is so lengthy... There are still great deals out there on these lenses. I am a huge fan of m42 lenses, have been ever since a pro photographer I used to know gave me a Spotmatic many years ago. So, I have a Pentax m42 bellows and adapters that will let me put it on either my Nikon or my wife's Canon EOS (35mm). As a result I'm always on the lookout for lenses that will fit, and I've found them in some interesting places. Large antique malls - the sort that have many individual vendor booths - often have at least one vendor who deals in cameras and there are almost always a few screw mount items there. I found a Novoflex 105mm bellows lens for $25 this way, and also a complete Pentax S2 Super kit with two 55mm and one 135mm Super-Takumar lenses for $75. Also, if there is a "real" camera store near you, the kind with "junk" bins, it's worth it to have a thorough look - I've found some nice lenses this way as well, including a very nice Super-Lentar 35mm f/2.8 for $5. Finally, check local Craigslist ads and your local Goodwill (also check shopgoodwill.com) because these things turn up there all the time and often go for a fraction of their value. Finally, some people are literally giving them away: the college where I teach recently received in donation a nearly-pristine, working perfectly, Pentax Spotmatic with a Super-Takumar 55mm f/1.8.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin