Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,208   Posts: 1,531,939   Online: 1106

Shooter
    Multi Format

a new f100 dropped in my lap

a little drunk during the sharks game a while ago i put several low ball bids on flea bay on a few F100 as i've always wanted one, but never needed one! a week goes buy in which i totally forgot it and the email from hell appears. Your won! ooops. so x-mas came early. for $130 i got a almost mint f100 and 8 rolls of provia! what a great day. got the camera the other day and took it out for a few minutes to shoot the roll of gold 100 in the camera.

first thing i gotta say is this thing weighs a lot more than i thought, which is good. I have an N80 and an F5 and it fits perfectly in the middle. I love the shutter. great sound, great response and great feel. Very muck like the F5 and the FE2 combined. this is quickly going to be my camera of choice for 60% of my film shooting. this is exactly why I didst get one sooner!!!!! Damn me.

I'm gonna shoot some provia this weekend and check out the meeter. one of my plans, hopes, is to get all my AF nikons together to check out their meeter. the F5, F4, F100, N80 N90 and my FA to check out the matrix meeter for no other reason than i can (Y not?). gives me something to do during my endless job hunt.

anyway this camera seems to be very much like a lot of people say, quite the camera. looking forward to trying to shoot more of it. just need some ideas of what and a little motivtion

Shooter
    35mm
    Make sure you don't break the plastic catches on the back that locks the back. I did, and now Ive got 2 n75s.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have an F100 and love it. As to weight, yes it is hefty. If you ever need or acquire the auxiliary battery pack, THAT 'S hefty. It comes in handy though for extended cold weather outings when battery efficiency can drop off considerably.
    WYSIWYG - At least that's my goal.

Portfolio-http://apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=25518

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You have a tough life but someone has to live it.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    You have a tough life but someone has to live it.
    Yes, and now he must go out and :destroya: a few rolls of Provia

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by brucemuir View Post
    Yes, and now he must go out and :destroya: a few rolls of Provia
    very nice!

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by bobwysiwyg View Post
    I have an F100 and love it. As to weight, yes it is hefty. If you ever need or acquire the auxiliary battery pack, THAT 'S hefty. It comes in handy though for extended cold weather outings when battery efficiency can drop off considerably.

If you add the aux battery pack do you get to or close to the F5 weight? Thanks

pentaxuser

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin