Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,702   Posts: 1,482,658   Online: 678

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by wblynch View Post
    My favorite OM Zuiko 50/1.8's are the silver nosed F.Zuiko and the first gen black nosed MC.
    Thanks for this, this is the kind of specific information I am trying to dig up. I will get a Zuiko MC then and do a comparison. My MIJ is in literally perfect condition, as was the camera it came on. I guess that maybe there is potentially some lens alignment/collimation issue, but the surfaces of the glass look perfect and there is no sign of it having been dropped. The other explanation is that its been incorrectly focused by me during the testing, which is possible when I was fiddling with the MLU.

I used a hood on all the lenses, and was shooting at 1/250 on a Manfrotto tripod with a FOBA ball head.

Shooter
    127 Format
    If your 1.8 MIJ is clean then you won't find better. It has the best coating formulas of the family.

Just a thought , have you checked your focus screen for proper installation? Could it be you are getting focus errors?
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    35mm
    oh well, in the UK these are about the same price as 3 rolls of film, so there is little or no cost associated in buying up several and finding the pick of the bunch, other than annoying the wife with a lens collection which is multiplying like a collection of gremlins under the stairs

Shooter
    35mm
    yep, its been checked over by Michael Spencer, who is a former Olympus repair guy...also, I was shooting 3 other lenses at the same time, all of which were recording 60-70lp/mm.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hoojammyflip View Post
    oh well, in the UK these are about the same price as 3 rolls of film, so there is little or no cost associated in buying up several and finding the pick of the bunch, other than annoying the wife with a lens collection which is multiplying like a collection of gremlins under the stairs
    Yes they do that.. I have about 7 or 8 Zuikos and and probably the same number of Takumars =]
    They are very hard to send away!
    Go not to the elves for counsel, for they will say both yes and no.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by hoojammyflip View Post

Well you could go to Poundland shop and get Agfa Vista 36 exp for £1 The result are good.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The great thing is that the Olympus 50mm 1.4 is not much more expensive than a 1.8. If your buying an entry level body, many times it comes with one attached making the 50 1.8 a bonus! I would always opt for the extra usability of a faster lens if there is not much of a price gap.

Shooter
    35mm
    I am always a little amused when someone estimates the size of a print which can be made from a 35mm negative or slide. The reason is that medium format equipment is very reasonable now and is suitable for much larger prints. I received a working Bronica GS-1 today from an eBay seller. The price? $17.16 (US) + shipping. You still need a back, a lens and a finder to start shooting but those parts are not very expensive either. How large a print can I make with the standard 100/3.5 Zenzanon? Much larger than what you will get with any 50mm lens and 35mm film.

Shooter
    127 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by dynachrome View Post
    I am always a little amused when someone estimates the size of a print which can be made from a 35mm negative or slide. The reason is that medium format equipment is very reasonable now and is suitable for much larger prints. I received a working Bronica GS-1 today from an eBay seller. The price? $17.16 (US) + shipping. You still need a back, a lens and a finder to start shooting but those parts are not very expensive either. How large a print can I make with the standard 100/3.5 Zenzanon? Much larger than what you will get with any 50mm lens and 35mm film.
    But this is the 35mm forum and a thread about Olympuc OM 50mm lenses. Not Bronica
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    35mm
    As to size of print with 35mm. Back in the early 70's Olympus made a poster sized print from a Pen F 18X24mm negative.
    It was a photo of Kabuki theater player applying make-up before a show. It looked fine viewed from the right distance. The print was about 30X40 inches.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin