Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,904   Posts: 1,555,831   Online: 765

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    If someone here will make a bunch of them and sell them to us, I would buy one.
    I thought that seems a bit steep, but then I figured that they may be highly sought after and selling briskly at that price.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Wilde View Post
    I bulk roll a lot. So I write in small font what I am loading onto a thin piece of masking tape with a sharpie permanent marker.

The tape gets a small fold under one end to make it easier to pull it off.

The tape initally gets adhered to the top of the film storage can.

When the film is loaded to the camera I peel the tape off the can lid and either stick it on the back of the camera, or the side of the pentaprism.
    I don't "roll my own" but the tape idea has gotten several mentions so it seems a popular one. Thanks.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Truzi View Post
    If you always have the same strap on the body (assuming you use a strap), you could clip something onto it - or color-code the straps, lens-cap, etc.

I do really like Peltigera's accessories shoe idea.

Depending on your model camera, it may have been offered at some point, and you may be able to pick up a used back with the holder.
    I have a Canon Elan 7E. Not sure if a back with holder was ever made for it. At least, I haven't seen any reference to one. But I am not an expert on equipment so the fact that I haven't seen any mention of one doesn't mean a great deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Chan Tran View Post
    Which camera does the OP have? I have a couple of cameras without the box end flap holder but they both have a window where I can see the film cassette inside and know what kind of film is loaded.
    It does have a window, but I can't really see much through it other that to see if it is loaded. Beyond that, it is not of much use.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Looking at some pictures online, with the controls on the back, it doesn't seem like they'd have made one with an holder.

The hot-shoe idea still sounds good. You could also put a sticker on the window, as that'd likely not hurt the finish.
    Truzi

Shooter
    35mm
    Looking at some pictures online, with the controls on the back, it doesn't seem like they'd have made one with an holder.

The hot-shoe idea still sounds good. You could also put a sticker on the window, as that'd likely not hurt the finish.
    Yes, the hot shoe idea seems to be the simplest and most cost effective solution.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I saw white electricians tape at a big-box hardware store yesterday. A piece of this on the base plate or the back of the camera should do nicely, and it doesn't leave a sticky residue.
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

I am beginning to resent being referred to as 'half-fast'.
    Whatever that's supposed to mean.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Much easier,cheaper and cleaner solution?
    Yep, just cut the holder of a dead camera, glue to the back of a live one.
    Done it about 5 times to various cameras.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you always have the same strap on the body (assuming you use a strap), you could clip something onto it,...
    A small crocodile clip attached to the strap to take that flap.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by LDMartin1959 View Post
    It does have a window, but I can't really see much through it other that to see if it is loaded. Beyond that, it is not of much use.
    On my cameras a Nikon F5 and N2020 which have this windows I can see the at least the ISO and the number of frames. With some film I can even see the film type thru the window. I would not want to glue something on my camera though.

Geelong & Castlemaine, Victoria, Australia
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    For the expense and fuss of it, many alternatives costing little to nothing exist.
    There are some great suggestions here. I like the folded up box end and slip into flash shoe. But a lot of MF cameras don't have a flash shoe...

Insert box top folded into a plastic keyring, attached to the strap (see pic). I have used this method on all my cameras for many years.

Or write the film and reference details on a strip of masking tape and place that across the back cover (covering the release latch), as most professionals do.

Those Hama box top holders can give grief. The longer you have one of these attached to the camera, the more aggressive the adhesive will be. I have known the leatherette of camera backs to be ripped off by forcefully leveraging the memo holder off. The correct method is to use a thin length of piano wire (or fishing line) and see-saw back and forth through the adhesive, then rub the remainder off with thumb. It may still leave a residual mark.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0212.JPG 
Views:	34 
Size:	156.5 KB 
ID:	69310
    Last edited by Poisson Du Jour; 05-25-2013 at 10:41 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin