Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,821   Posts: 1,581,665   Online: 887

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Chan Tran View Post
    On my cameras a Nikon F5 and N2020 which have this windows I can see the at least the ISO and the number of frames. With some film I can even see the film type thru the window. I would not want to glue something on my camera though.

I missed an important detail.The holders are actually glued to self adhesive black vinyl, then stuck to back of the camera.This vinyl peels off leaving no mark.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I have 2 of the same cameras. Wound some colored thread on the strap of the "color camera". Not exactly the same as what you need but related.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Poisson Du Jour View Post
    For the expense and fuss of it, many alternatives costing little to nothing exist.
    There are some great suggestions here. I like the folded up box end and slip into flash shoe. But a lot of MF cameras don't have a flash shoe...

Insert box top folded into a plastic keyring, attached to the strap (see pic). I have used this method on all my cameras for many years.

Attachment 69310
    My Widelux does not have a flash shoe. I like this idea! Thanx!!
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    If someone here will make a bunch of them and sell them to us, I would buy one.
    I made quite a few using our laser cutter at work. If I have any left (and can find them) I will offer them on this thread.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    I made quite a few using our laser cutter at work. If I have any left (and can find them) I will offer them on this thread.

Steve.
    How many lasers do you need to cut to make a box end flap holder for a camera?
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use painters tape with information, I have a bad habit of loading a camera and putting it in my closet, and of course never remember what film

David
    “Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the clouds of war, it is humanity hanging on a cross of iron.”
    ― Dwight D. Eisenhower

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    How many lasers do you need to cut to make a box end flap holder for a camera?
    Just the one (although we have two). If I find another one, I'm going to keep quiet about it and take it home!

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use Avery 5424, Removable Multi-use labels 5/8" X 7/8". A thousand labels for $6.00.
    There is a difference between a shaky or out-of-focus photograph and a snapshot of clouds and fog banks. —Erwin Schrödinger

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig Swensson View Post
    Much easier,cheaper and cleaner solution?
    Yep, just cut the holder of a dead camera, glue to the back of a live one.
    Done it about 5 times to various cameras.
    I don't have a dead camera with one although I could probably pick up one cheap. But then there's the problem of my 10 thumbs...

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Poisson Du Jour View Post
    For the expense and fuss of it, many alternatives costing little to nothing exist.
    There are some great suggestions here. I like the folded up box end and slip into flash shoe. But a lot of MF cameras don't have a flash shoe...

Insert box top folded into a plastic keyring, attached to the strap (see pic). I have used this method on all my cameras for many years.

Or write the film and reference details on a strip of masking tape and place that across the back cover (covering the release latch), as most professionals do.

Those Hama box top holders can give grief. The longer you have one of these attached to the camera, the more aggressive the adhesive will be. I have known the leatherette of camera backs to be ripped off by forcefully leveraging the memo holder off. The correct method is to use a thin length of piano wire (or fishing line) and see-saw back and forth through the adhesive, then rub the remainder off with thumb. It may still leave a residual mark.
    I like the keyring idea as well. Good info about the Hama holders. Thanks.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin