Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,008   Posts: 1,524,606   Online: 1049

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

Hippie strap extentions?

Hey guys,

I'm trying locate those strap extentions that go with those hippie straps? Coming up with no luck on web.. Is there a name for these? They typically clip on.

ToddB

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My cameras don't wear straps...

Actually, I got no idea what you are talking of.

Shooter
    Large Format
    He's talking about Honeywell Fiesta straps. They had little 3 inch long leather straps that go on the camera eyelets, and you hooked the fiesta strap to ring on the end of the leather strips. All that metal tends to scratch up the camera finish.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    He's talking about Honeywell Fiesta straps. They had little 3 inch long leather straps that go on the camera eyelets, and you hooked the fiesta strap to ring on the end of the leather strips. All that metal tends to scratch up the camera finish.

Exactly!! Where can I get'em?

ToddB

Shooter
    Multi Format
    E bay.
    Ben

Shooter
    Large Format
    I threw away all my Fiesta straps. A chain is only as strong as the weakest link, and those little leather strips are bound to be dry-rotted by now. I envisioned my camera around my neck crashing to the pavement, so decided to throw out the straps. Besides, those spring-hooks scrape all around the camera chrome and make scratches.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yhea.. but they cool. That strap I have is in really good shape. just need those extenders to keep it from scratching.

Todd

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Interesting, I've never heard that therm and never seen them over here.

And... I thought straps would also mean garter-belts. That may explain my failed pun...

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddB View Post
    Yhea.. but they cool. That strap I have is in really good shape. just need those extenders to keep it from scratching.

Todd
    I from time to time get those straps from buying used cameras. I threw them all away primarily because I don't like their look.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    It has vintage vibe that goes good with my FE.

Todd

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin