Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,198   Posts: 1,531,449   Online: 818

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kodak Double X

Shooter
    Multi Format

Kodak Double X

just for general information: Kodak gives a 30% discount to teachers and students, so if you are in the education business, this helps a lot

I order the 400 ft roll on the phone (Kodak Customer Service (800) 621-FILM (3456)) and tell tham that i will pick it up from their warehouse in Mississauga/Toronto, hence i save on shipping and brokerage.
    plus i get the teachers' discount being a teacher/school administrator.

Something to help the cost per roll down ...

Shooter
    35mm
    See below

Shooter
    35mm
    Still, though, I wonder what the final cost of the 400 feet is. Perhaps the 'bargain' is more in the way of a 'wanting of a bargain'. Please inform. (And you can quote in Canadian Dollars as they are just about at par with the USD now.) - David Lyga

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Should be about $125 with the discount. The Kodak list is $177.60. I paid $154 in 02-13 from a regular stock dealer. That’s $38.50 for a 100' roll since I already have the spools. I want to think that is a bargain, especially for such pretty film (my real reason for using it).

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    If I am not wrong, 3.5 feet makes 1 roll. By this way , 1 roll comes to 1 dollars. Someone was selling 5222 one 36 shot roll for 5.5 dollars.
    % 450 profit. Its not possible to find this film from short end movie film sellers also. So if you have Money, after figuring out the speed and development , only tri x and t max can beat it and this is very cheap.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    it is really cheap, and I love the tones that it renders. It has a robust construction and dries flat...
    I got the 30% discount when the price was about $155, so i paid about $120 (incl. taxes at 13%).... so yeah it costs about $1 a roll... !!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    and I hand roll as to minimize wastage. don't use the roller thingies...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa Umut Sarac View Post
    If I am not wrong, 3.5 feet makes 1 roll.
    I think a roll of 36 exposures comes to a little over 6 feet, allowing not just for the frames, but the frame spacing and the leader and tail as well

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pdeeh View Post
    I think a roll of 36 exposures comes to a little over 6 feet, allowing not just for the frames, but the frame spacing and the leader and tail as well
    That sounds about right, I just carried some (factory rolled TMax400 36-frames) from the bathroom to my study to cut up, holding it at head height it just doesn't touch the floor. 5'6 - 6' is the ballpark.
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Its about 5.5', I also used to roll in the bathroom to save the ends of the roll from exposure. Now I just dont have the time or patience for it, sitting in the dark while I do 40 roll sessions. The fastest way is to outstretch your arms end to end, and for me that was 36 exposures plus a few inches for leader.

Also the guy selling it rerolled, is only selling 32exposures. He must have not set the bulk loader to 40 exposures, to compensate for the leader and taped end. His profit might not be so high, as he has to buy the cassettes, which are usually $1 a piece (unless he is getting the discards from a lab). It would also be quite unethical to resell educational priced film, for a profit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin