Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,770   Posts: 1,516,518   Online: 784

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format

Shooter
    35mm
    Many years ago, Nikon had an ad that said "The difficult, we do right away. The impossible, takes a little bit longer", or something to that effect. I was looking for it but couldn't find it, to me it's one of the best ads I have ever seen! And I'm a Canon kind of guy.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Agx, from memory I understand that that picture was taken with an extraordinary Leica telephoto lens manufactured for Leni Riefenstahl for the 72 Olympics.

The story went something like this:- this was her first commission for stills photography at an Olympic games and she told Leica I need a long fast lens, which Leica did not have. So they made one to her specifications, more or less, I believe it may have been an 800mm f/5.6.

That particular lens, and I believe there was only one made and enough spare parts to fix the front end if it was dropped, was then used around the world for special events or things. This would come under that category and Jay Maisel is the kind of photographer who could utilise the strengths of a very long lens to compress like he has obviously done.

Any thoughts?

Mick.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I notice most camera adverts these days have a boring looking DSLR against black with a bunch of copy. Not too exciting.

In the UK, I think the best ads were not in print but on TV in the 70s and 80s for Olympus Cameras with David Bailey and George Cole. (Famous British actor much loved for playing slightly dodgy geezers, especially in the TV series Minder.) Here's a few.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWlj9ZJkliA
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_Yo3FRPeQw
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckSm10LZauA

Don't think it worked so well with Eric Idle though. Bailey looks more like Dudley Moore!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvKgqIby3uk

Shooter
    35mm
    I guess you need to design a good looking camera first

Shooter
    35mm

Nikon best F3 Advertisement Ever?....

I my opinion this advertisement of a Nikon F3, battered and worn, resting on a map of a remote area of the world, is the best ever...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nikon F3 Magazine Advertisement - We Get the World's Worst Assignments.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	812.0 KB 
ID:	72377

Jim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I just want to add- that Nikon F3 ad is a newer iteration of an 70's Nikon Ad with an F2, a map of Burma, eyeglasses, tumbler of booze, etc.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    35mm
    I like the Nikon ads of the 60s--"Today there's almost no other choice"--picturing various components of the F in sterling black & white.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin