Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,568   Posts: 1,573,487   Online: 837

Shooter
    35mm RF

Contaflex Super (old)

I found one at a yard sale last week barely working. I have been told most techs won't touch it so I took a stab at it. Pulled the shutter assembly off the body and after an overnight soaking in my ultrasonic bath serviced it. While the shutter was off I serviced the focus helicoid. I then checked the rear baffle to shutter blades timing and adjusted the mirror seat to get infinity. After a quick film test shooting at f/2.8 to verify focus. I then went out this morning for some real testing and now have a roll hanging to dry in the darkroom and all frames look sharp and contrasty under the loop.

This is a fun camera to use and I plan to pick up a 35mm and 85mm for it as well as a couple of magazine backs..

Next up will be the Super B and Super BC with their mag backs..
    Leicarfcam aka Colyn

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I look forward to seeing some photos from your developed roll that I hope you intend to post!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That sounds great! I wish I was that lucky.

Jeff

Shooter
    35mm
    Congratulations! There is little information available on servicing Contaflexes. Did you make use of an existing documentation that is available? If not, would you care to share some of your knowledge? Which would make you moderately famous and not rich at all.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by bernard_L View Post
    Congratulations! There is little information available on servicing Contaflexes. Did you make use of an existing documentation that is available? If not, would you care to share some of your knowledge? Which would make you moderately famous and not rich at all.
    No documentation. I went slowly and took plenty of photos. Since I got the camera cheap I wasn't worried if I screwed it up but I do have knowledge of camera repair so that helped.

Check out this site for basic information. This is where I started at. http://www.monopix.co.uk/contaflexshutter.shtml
    Leicarfcam aka Colyn

Shooter
    35mm
    So underrated (Contaflexes in general)
    Too bad no one services them
    What did you re lube with?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by GarageBoy View Post
    So underrated (Contaflexes in general)
    Too bad no one services them
    What did you re lube with?
    I get my shutter oil and grease from microtools.com. http://www.micro-tools.com/store/~/C...ubricants.aspx They have lubes for different applications..
    Leicarfcam aka Colyn

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin