Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,875   Posts: 1,520,208   Online: 1237

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Not sure if its ok to ask this

I just inherited a couple cameras and lenses. I'm not a subscriber so I can't post in the classifieds. Not really selling them anyway I just want to know what the value is. I won't even mention the name unless someone tells me its ok to ask. I don't want to be construed as posing a classified without being a subscriber. I don't think any of it is super valuable except for one of the lenses that has crazy prices on eBay.(they range between $1300 and $3000) Is it ok to say what they are and ask about the real value of this one lens? Ill probably keep it all but if that lens is worth anywhere near the prices on eBay Ill think about subscribing and listing it for less than those to good camera people.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    yeah, ebay fees are quite high these days.
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sure - ask away.

Most likely you will get advice on where to do your research, and how to weigh the results.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Look at completed auctions on ebay, and you can now show only sold auctions which makes it much easier. The listing prices are meaningless, especially the ones offering things like Argus C3's for 1200.00 USD, for example.
    Other sources, KEH.com or other retailers selling used gear.
    Finally, reemember that condition is everything.

Shooter
    35mm
    It's a couple of leicaflex slr's with several prime lenses. I haven't ticked them up yet burly when I was at the house the one lens I noticed crazy prices on eBay for was the 19mm Elmarit. There are several on eBay now from 1300-3000. Only one sold one that was close to 3k. Just wondered if a realistic price was really over a grand. For that lens. I know the bodies don't bring a ton. Can't remember what the other lenses were exactly. Maybe a 50 and a 90? I wish it was a rangefinder and lenses. Would be easier to determine.

Shooter
    35mm
    Man. Posting from my iPhone is making me look like an idiot tonight. I promise I have better grammar than I've exhibited.

Shooter
    35mm
    This must be the two cam version as well. They are older leicaflexes.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    First welcome to APUG

Second some eBay prices require hallucinogenic drugs to place oneself in the same reality. Think on the order of hookah smoking caterpillars and White Knights talking backwards.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks. And I hear you. That's why I thought I'd ask here. Looked at keh and adorama and there are none to be found. The one sold one on eBay was like $2500. But that's likely a fluke if there are active listings for 1300. Seems to be pretty uncommon though. And hard to adapt to other mounts except nikon and Olympus from what I'm seeing so I can't use it easily on my pentax gear. Guess I don't need to with two leicaflex bodies though huh? Seriously there are other cameras I'd like more though so I could end up selling it all to fund another camera Id like to have. Maybe an M6 or something.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    leicaflex lenses vary widely -- to get a more sane idea, look up KEH camera brokers and see what the lenses sell for there.

Leicaflex bodies are priced somewhat less-- I bought a EXC-plus Leicaflex SL2, 50-anniversary edition, for under $700. Users are less than $400 for the SL and SL2, with the SL2 more desirable.

Lenses for leicaflex SL and SL2, if purchased new when the camera was new, would likely be 2-cam, but it is easy to check.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin