Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,897   Posts: 1,584,323   Online: 879

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'd have though that generally speaking it was the camera body that was capable of taking the harder knocks and it was the lens that needed protection, so I'd put that product into the 'another stupid thing to sell to photographers' folder.

But given the price of film bodies nowadays, and you had a cherished body you didn't want the usual wedding detritus on (champagne, cake, cigarette stubs and sick), wouldn't it just be easier to buy another body, or upgrade if your camera system does a more weatherproof body? For instance Nikon F will take all the abuse in the world and is capable of a delivering a knockout blow in the post wedding fight between the warring parties. Or an Olympus OM4 will not only shrug off a bottle of beer but could probably be used as the bottle opener.

I am unclear though if at the wedding in question it is your wife getting married, or somebody else?

Steve

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    IMO, the recipie for getting good people shots is; actively looking for/hunting for/creating the right situation, moving quickly to the right vantage point, and then timing the shots.

My thought is that if you are putting your camera in something that's going to slow down that process, you may as well put it away and just enjoy the conversation until you are ready to pay attention to shooting again.
    Mark Barendt, Beaverton, OR

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I often rely on a lens hood to protect the glass, but never anything over the body. Decades ago camera cases were nearly necessary for those cameras that had no other way of attaching a carrying strap, such as the Argus C3 and the Mercury II. That folly has long been corrected.

Shooter
    35mm
    A better choice would be to just use the bottom on an everready case. This protects most of the camera while leaving access to the controls. I seem to recall a guy on that auction site was selling leather cases like this, check out
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/260808888249...84.m1423.l2649
    (I have no connection with the seller. Just think it is a good looking case.)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin