Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,535,806   Online: 683

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by E. von Hoegh View Post
    I use Nikon SLRs because I like their features and handling best, the construction is just about impeccable, and the optics are just dandy.
    Why on earth would you use a Nikon? Did you not read this quote?

"Use a Toyota , it kills you at an accident with care."

Now you're just putting peoples lives at risk you heartless bastard!
    Kick his ass, Sea Bass!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinesh View Post

Now you're just putting peoples lives at risk you heartless @#!*% !
    Yes, I'm not only risking others' lives, I'm doing it needlessly and for utterly selfish reasons - and I don't care!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Rich, I've had two M3s, a IIIG that was too perfect to use so I sold it, the use of an R3 with 28, 50, 135, and some Angenieux zoom; and a CL with 40 & 90mm lenses. I know what Leitz lenses can do, and as a mechanician who works on things like precision timepieces I appreciate the sheer gorgeousness of Leica construction. But guess what? I look at the slides and negatives I took with the Leicas and while sometimes I can see a difference, the pictures are no better. I use SLRs because they will do things no rangefinder will do. I use Nikon SLRs because I like their features and handling best, the construction is just about impeccable, and the optics are just dandy. The 50/2 Nikkor H, the 105/2.5, and a few others of the pre AI era are world class.
    But.
    When I want grainless enlargements with utterly smooth tonality I reach for the 4x5. When I want a contact print and even smoother tonality I grab the 8x10 and a 100+ year old Dagor.

When I want a small handheld camera with the highest possible quality I take out the Rolleiflex.
    Right there with you across the board! Love that old Nikkor glass! Those two you mention are in particular my fav Nikon lenses. Using them with my F2 is sheer joy...
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinesh View Post

Now you're just putting peoples lives at risk you heartless bastard!
    Ha ha ha!
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by rich815 View Post
    Right there with you across the board! Love that old Nikkor glass! Those two you mention are in particular my fav Nikon lenses. Using them with my F2 is sheer joy...
    I use an F, and a Nikkormat FTN. Another lens I use quite a lot is the 35/2 Nikkor-O, and while I wouldn't put it in the category of the other two, it's an excellent lens and I see no need to "upgrade".
    Another lens I have is the 20/3.5 Nikkor UD, which is a real handful both physically and in angle of view. I haven't used it a lot, but it's an impressive lens. The only real flaw I find is falloff, this is gone by f:5.6 or so and it's a stunning lens for the right subject. The 50/2 (I have one for each body) compares very favorably with the Summicron-R I used, there's nothing much to choose from between them. The Summicron-M was visibly better at f:2 and 2.8, but not by a wide margin and not unless you projected or enlarged the film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm really confused. Mustafa clearly said a steel Leica would make me better than da Vinci and Rembrandt combined. Now you guys are saying I can keep using my Nikon. I don't know what to believe anymore.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael R 1974 View Post
    I'm really confused. Mustafa clearly said a steel Leica would make me better than da Vinci and Rembrandt combined. Now you guys are saying I can keep using my Nikon. I don't know what to believe anymore.
    Mustafa was very clear.

Keep using those Japanese cameras and tragedy will ensue, do you hear me, tragedy!

I've done all I can do.
    Kick his ass, Sea Bass!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Now I'm totally lost. I didn't even know Toyota made cameras.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Don't forget Saab and Volvo.
    Well, I was responding to the aspersions being cast at Japanese cars. (I don't know if they were cast iron aspersions or cast aluminum aspersions)
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I live dangerously.... I use Japaneses cameras and lenses. How long will I survive to a predicted disaster???
    "The problem with photography is that it only deals with appearances." Duane Michals

"A photograph is a secret of a secret. The more it tells you the less you know." Diane Arbus

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin