Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,874   Posts: 1,520,168   Online: 1012

View Poll Results: How many rolls of film do you shoot a week on average?

Voters
105. You may not vote on this poll
  • Only a partial roll

31 29.52%
  • 1-2

52 49.52%
  • 3-5

15 14.29%
  • 5-10

6 5.71%
  • 10+

1 0.95%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    I agree with JP, whenever I shoot a larger amount of rolls in a single day, it's usually in the same location. I don't photograph the same exact thing, maybe the same subjects, but things change, people move, etc. Most of the time I find myself photographing 8 rolls of film on a single street corner in a time frame of about 8-15 minutes. It dosent ever matter where I am, if things are moving, it can get interesting. There is a difference however between observation and intention, and simply trying to get a higher number of frames for security. On the contrary, I work better knowing I am risking everything.

Shooter
    35mm
    This all depends, I find when I'm traveling I shoot way more possibly ~40 exp. roll or more a day. But when I'm bored here in Madison during the summer I try and do at least 2 rolls (~40 exp.) a week, or more if I've got an idea in my head.

Shooter
    35mm
    Much more shooting in the summer, much more printing in the winter.
    Steve.

Near Tavistock, Devon, on the edge of Dartmoor.
    Shooter
    35mm
    Probably thirty rolls a year but as per Steve above skewed heavily towards the summer months. Sadly with the rocketing cost of shooting transparencies, I can see that figure falling rather than rising.
    Steve

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I probably shoot about 50 rolls a year, that includes 120 film I would think it's about 30 rolls of 135 and 20 of 120. Iv'e shot a lot more since I retired 8 years ago because I now go out shooting almost every day.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Probably around 50-60 rolls a year, but over half of those could be done within a 1-3 week period while travelling. I rarely shoot outside of holiday time (I've got 5 months a year), since work and life in general are pretty draining otherwise.
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I average 3 rolls per week of 35mm, and 2 rolls of 120. There is a lot of scenery here, both winter and summer!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Wow.
    Several, say an average of three per week. Frames, not rolls.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'd go with E. von Hoegh, perhaps not even as many as that, remember it's quality not quantity, the d****** guys I mix with might just as well be shooting movies.
    I'm into painting with light - NOT painting by numbers!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm with E. von Hoegh too. I carry my camera walking almost every day. The other day I used 6 frames and that was very unusual. Usually 1 or 2 and often none. It usually takes me several weeks to finish a roll. Which is good because it takes me that long to make all the prints too! Sort of a nice balance there.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin