Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,762   Posts: 1,516,165   Online: 975

View Poll Results: How many rolls of film do you shoot a week on average?

Voters
105. You may not vote on this poll
  • Only a partial roll

31 29.52%
  • 1-2

52 49.52%
  • 3-5

15 14.29%
  • 5-10

6 5.71%
  • 10+

1 0.95%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Probably an average of 2-3 rolls per week. Some weeks more, when travelling as I am now. In 6 weeks I expect to shoot about 40 rolls.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    1-3per week.

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Averaging less than one, weather to hot and I have trouble getting out of bed for early mornings Fall here is not to maybe mid November.

David
    “In the end, it's not going to matter how many breaths you took,
    but how many moments took your breath away.”
    ― Shing Xiong

Shooter
    Multi Format
    At the moment I'm only shooting ~ .08 rolls per week. That varies, of course, depending on the weather, my schedule, the cost of processing, etc. In the last few years I've found myself putting the camera to my eye, looking at what I wanted to shoot, then put the camera down. Another shot of whatever that would have been ignored once I got the film back.
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

I am beginning to resent being referred to as 'half-fast'.
    Whatever that's supposed to mean.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Allan Swindles View Post
    I'd go with E. von Hoegh, perhaps not even as many as that, remember it's quality not quantity, the d****** guys I mix with might just as well be shooting movies.
    I agree with you, and I stated so in my last post. Im very surprised to learn that thus far I photograph more rolls than most people. I grew up photographically with the idea of making every shot count and be very intentional. The more I photograph the more I find I like seeing how absolutely anything looks photographed, which leads to endless material anywhere, and more rolls. There is, I believe, a fundamental difference in the digital shooter firing 8 frames a second at something and someone winding and clicking very intentionally aware of each exposure. Although plenty of people blow film in the same mechanical fashion haphazardly as well.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikanon View Post
    I grew up photographically with the idea of making every shot count and be very intentional.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikanon View Post
    Most of the time I find myself photographing 8 rolls of film on a single street corner in a time frame of about 8-15 minutes.
    Exposing 8 (36 exp) rolls in 8 minutes would be making one exposure every 1.7 seconds, non-stop. But that doesn't factor in the need to also reload seven new rolls in that same time frame. If you can reload in, say, 30 seconds flat, that removes an additional 3.5 minutes, leaving only 4.5 minutes for 288 frames, or 0.9375 seconds per exposure, non-stop.

I think our respective definitions of "making every shot count" and being "very intentional" are worlds apart.

Ken
    "Hate is an adolescent term used to stop discussion with people you disagree with. You can do better than that."
    —'blanksy', December 13, 2013

Shooter
    127 Format
    Might be 12 exposure 120 film in preloaded backs? You could shoot those pretty quickly.
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Nadvornick View Post
    "making every shot count..."
    well, you've done the counting, now he can focus on the intentional part

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wblynch View Post
    Might be 12 exposure 120 film in preloaded backs? You could shoot those pretty quickly.
    Yep. Could also be multiple preloaded 35mm bodies. Motorized bodies. With an assistant reloading them. I did note that the aspect ratio of the images displayed on the website appeared to all be 3:2, or close to it. Still and all, 8 rolls of any format in 8 minutes is moving right along.

Unfortunately I've also never been able to resist grabbing for the calculator whenever a Wilt Chamberlin style of assertion pops up...

Ken
    "Hate is an adolescent term used to stop discussion with people you disagree with. You can do better than that."
    —'blanksy', December 13, 2013

Shooter
    35mm
    There's these two guys who shoot weddings (forgotten their names) using F3s with MF24 250 bulk backs and MD4 drives. They load ECN film into them and rip through it. I think you could get through 250 exposures in 41 seconds like this. There was a comment on this earlier in the year somewhere on here.
    Steve.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin