Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,930   Posts: 1,556,875   Online: 900

View Poll Results: How many rolls of film do you shoot a week on average?

Voters
105. You may not vote on this poll
  • Only a partial roll

31 29.52%
  • 1-2

52 49.52%
  • 3-5

15 14.29%
  • 5-10

6 5.71%
  • 10+

1 0.95%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm RF

How many rolls of film are you shooting in a week? (average)

I was wondering today after reading posts on various photography forums, what the average amount of film 35mm photographers are shooting in a week is? Respond with your average count!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This has gone up a LOT for me since I found the "go everywhere" camera (in my case, a Yashica T4). I tried doing this with an Olympus XA and while it's a fine camera, the dim rangefinder patch and the less convenient flash had me shooting less film than I would have liked.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    If I am fairly busy I find myself shooting 1-2 rolls a day at minimum, but if I have a full free day it can be upwards of 7-8 rolls. My average weekly is probably somewhere around 15.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    hi nikanon:
    i am not shooting much 35mm these days
    mostly half frame 35mm so it is a bit harder for me to finish a roll when
    its loaded .. it wasn't long ago that i would shoot at least a roll a day though ..
    or 3 or 4 rolls of 120 or at least 20 sheets of 4x5 film ..
    unfortunately i am kind of beat / tired so i make images with the sun instead
    and i do about 5 or 10 a week, maybe more ...

i do have a roll in my half frame camera, i gotta shoot it soon, thanks for reminding me!
    john

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Winter: 1-2
    Summer: 3-5
    cities & citizens - edmonton street photography (mostly), 100% film

Shooter
    35mm
    I shot 100 rolls/yr for many years, but now it's less than 20/yr because I sot everything around here and can't afford to travel much. I do deepen my vision, though, and the rolls I do shoot have a lot more good ones than in the past.

Shooter
    35mm
    I'm probably shooting 1-3 rolls on average. 10-15 if I have time time to do it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by chip j View Post
    I shot 100 rolls/yr for many years, but now it's less than 20/yr because I sot everything around here and can't afford to travel much. I do deepen my vision, though, and the rolls I do shoot have a lot more good ones than in the past.
    The first sentence is like either blasphemy (on the order of 'I already have cute photos of my kids, so I cut back. Or ' I've cut back on kisses to my wife from 100 to 20 because she already knows I love her"') or admitting waning creativity or admitting the need to additional challenge. No need to travel. On the LF forums, we've got people who never leave a mile from their home it seems, and people who only photography pixies and towels wrapped up into bowls, and other similarly intense focus, and it's paying off. Get into other formats, different lenses, different processes, photographing people. Deepening vision and getting more shots per roll is always a good goal, and different formats are a tool to force some of that. If you're only shooting 20 rolls now because it gets you as many pleasing photos as it used to take with 100 rolls, that's great simply because it saves you much time and effort to get what you're after.

Shooter
    127 Format
    I'm down from over 100 rolls a year to about 60. So 1-2 a week.

Not all 35mm though. I use also 120, 127 and even hand loaded 126 Instamatic. 2014 will be my year for 4x5. I hope.
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    Multi Format
    None. But, I can only say that as of now. After more than 3 decades of shooting 35mm and 7 years of 120, I finally threw in the towel and donated everything that involved roll-film to a local cancer charity. I now call it . . . "Spring Cleaning gone Wild!" But worry not. You'll need a heavy-duty crowbar to pry the sheet-film holders from my cold dead hands. When that time comes . . . of course.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin