Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,587   Posts: 1,545,869   Online: 1119

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm RF

Looking for Olympus OM lenses

Looking for Olympus OM lenses. I just got a OM4TI body but no lenses.

Also looking for recommendations, on any of the higher-performance OM lenses.

....Vick

Shooter
    Multi Format
    For portraits: 85mm f/2.0

For Landscapes: I am happy with 28mm f/3.5. If you have enough cash go for 28mm f/2.0 or 24mm f/2.0
    OM-1n: Do I need to own a Leica?
    Rolleicord Va: Humble.
    Holga 120GFN: Amazingly simple yet it produces outstanding negatives to print.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have an OM2n and really love my two primes, 50/1.4 and 100/2.8. The 100/2.8 is unbelievably compact and a terrific performer. I also have the fairly uncommon and certainly quite unique 28-48 f/4 zoom. Really neat and compact as well and perfect if you're primarily a wide to normal shooter. More info on that one here: http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography...mls/2848mm.htm
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Oh, and see the bottom of that page I linked above for many links and discussion on a whole slew of Zuiko OM lenses.
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That said, any zuiko primes will do a great job if you target print sizes upto 8x10 inches.
    OM-1n: Do I need to own a Leica?
    Rolleicord Va: Humble.
    Holga 120GFN: Amazingly simple yet it produces outstanding negatives to print.

Shooter
    35mm
    The only thing that you have to watch out for are lazy diaphragms. Unlike Nikon where the diaphagm is forced close by internal mechanism, the ones on the Olympus Zuiko close down by means of spring, and not a very strong one at that.. The leaves of the diaphagm and the mechanism get dusty and clogged up with dried lubricant and become sluggish. They are not a difficult or expensive job for a techie to correct, but if you can get a one that works smoothly, OK so much the better. The optics are superb!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Depending on what you photograph your Zuiko kit might include these 24mm f2.8, 35mm f2.8, 50mm f1.4 (serial number over 1,100,000) 85mm f2. If you want longer the 300mm f4.5 might be a good choice. At one time or another I've owned almost all the glass Zuiko made. No disappointments. I also use some of the fixed focal length Tmron SP glass. To get started, get a 24mm f2.8, 50mm f1.4 and the 85mm f2. You will be happy with your kit.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I've had OM-1's since high school....think I bought it from a friend in 1978 or so. I think there are two ways to go. I personally like the compact nature of the OM cameras so I stick to lenses with a 49mm filter size. The other way is to stick to the fast lenses which are still pretty compact. The two cross over at the 50mm f1.4.....a really nice lens. I wouldn't worry about which ones are "best".
    Your first 10,000 pictures are the worst - HCB

www.markjamesfisher.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My set of go anywhere lenses are my 28mm f2, 50mm 1.4, and the 85mm f2. All three are super compact and handle really well from aperture adjustment to focusing.

I have a pair of zooms that I use sometimes, the 19-35 f3.5-4.5 vivitar s1, and a tokina atx 35-70? 2.8. both are very sharp but are huge and look silly on the compact cameras, the s1 uses 77mm filters and the atx uses 62 or 67mm filters.

I have also used good 3rd party primes, the 24 or was it 28 mm f2.8 sigma mini-wides are nice and inexpensive as are the faster vivitar 24 and 28mm f2 lenses (supposedly the smaller filter size types are sharper 55 vs 52 mm).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a few - and I am keeping them .

My favourite kit?

A 24mm f/2.8, a 35mm f/2.0 and an 85mm f/2.0.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin