Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,851   Posts: 1,582,869   Online: 965

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by E. von Hoegh View Post
    Paper, knowledge is power. Explore this site to get an idea which models take what lenses, and what is generally available in Nikon gear.

http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography...lrmain5979.htm

As for 50mm lenses, the 50/2 Nikkor H is hard to beat.
    +1

Shooter
    35mm
    I would personally recommend the Nikon FM as it's quite inexpensive and perhaps the 50mm f/2 AI lens which is very good and isn't expensive either. But any camera you choose it would be fine. We just need more 15 year old to shoot film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom1956 View Post
    Go on ebay and get a Nikkormat FT2. You'll never go wrong.
    No! Not ebay! www.keh.com They will stand behind their products. If there is any problem, they will take care of you.

Welcome to APUG
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    No! Not ebay! www.keh.com They will stand behind their products. If there is any problem, they will take care of you.

Welcome to APUG
    Or look at the classifieds here. It's hard to go wrong with KEH though.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I bought a beautiful black FTn with a 1.4 lens, all in mint condition with case for 40 bucks off dregslist. Though I don't recommend an FTn to this fellow on account of the PX625 battery.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    IIRC there are one or two models which will take AI and pre AI lenses. I think the FT3 is one?

I like the Ftn, I use hearing aid cells with an o-ring bushing and 3 of the four holes blocked off, I get well over a year per cell. But I'm a stubborn Luddite.

Shooter
    Large Format
    No the FT3 is post-prong era. Made 1 year only--1977. The same year that the ELW was renamed Nikon EL2, and the FM came out. All AI lenses. All this would be fine for the OP, if he was willing to do stop-down metering with the older cheaper lenses.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Personally If I wanted a high-spec SLR I would stick with olympuses (olympii??) - a little less expensive than Nikon gear and every bit as good - particularly good value are OM1n (for mainly manual with match-needle meter) or OM2n (aperture priority auto metering). If buying from fleabay (where body-only seem to making around the £50 mark), factor in another £50 for a CLA and foam renewal (and a battery upgrade on the OM1) from Mike Spencer at Camerarepairs-r-us and you will have a tool you can use for a very long time. Olympus OMs are worth spending out for a service. Alternatively have a look at ffordes.co.uk, where you do get a bit of warranty - and which they DO honour - first hand experience!

Don't forget, your OM10 lens will fit the other OMs. Asking on here for camera advice you are always going to get different answers based on users own experience and preference. As you have a good lens from your OM10, you only need a body (although the 1.8 50mm is so cheap you virtually get them free anyway - and they are also an excellent lens).

If you really want to be a cheapskate look at the Minolta X300 - similar quality to the OM10, but fully aperture priority auto or manual, cheap as chips and the minolta lenses are generally excellent. Quick look on "completed listings" and there are 4 of these WITH lenses went for under £15 in the first dozen listings!! The X300 isn't worth having a service on - just buy another!

Shooter
    Large Format
    IMO, the OP mentioned Nikon as his area of search. When somebody says Nikon, then there's no point in mentioning others.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'm digging my Nikon FE. Love Auto mode on this. There going for less than 100.00 bucks on the web.

Todd

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin