Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,974   Posts: 1,558,732   Online: 822

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789
    Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by pbromaghin View Post
    Oh no!!!! the photographer has to figure things out for himself! You have to put the lens cap on or remove the battery when you're not using it!! God forbid. 1/1000 is/was slow in 1974? They suck but you were stupid enough to buy 4 of them?
    I was teacing photography and kept giving them away, but one ws borrowed" and never returned,,,but the question was whats not to like, a Ricoh uses the same lens and is twice as well built, a very under apptciated camera

Shooter
    35mm
    Well guys, I think I've made my decision now...

First of all, I want to thank each and every one of you for your lovely welcome to the forum, and your incredible amount of support and information about which camera I should go for. I guess I was sort of blinded by the whole idea of owning a Nikon F that I really did forget how much I love my OM10. I recently picked it up and just stared at it for a while, played around with it, pretended to take a few photos, ignoring the sticky shutter issue. Then I picked up the pile of prints that I'd gotten from it... It really made me realize how much I love using the OM10, how I couldn't let it go. I love it too much.

It's quite clear to me now that most of the Nikon F's are out of my budget range. Of course, a couple are possible, but they're the models that aren't exactly recommended by the members of the forum here, and to be fair, based off ergonomics alone, don't look too appealing. Call me strange, I probably am, I don't think I'd do very well with a needle meter. I've become so used to the meter inside the OM10 that it's perfect, and got me some great shots.

I've decided to invest in a brand new OM10 body, and to get a replacement 50mm lens (as the one currently sitting on my broken OM10 is also faulty). It's much cheaper, and too be honest, based upon quite a lot of the recommendation here, probably the best option right now. I love my OM10, I'm now aware of the problems it can throw at you, but hey, I'm willing to deal with that.

I'm getting an OM10 from a very trusted seller, that guarantees a full refund if unhappy with it in any way. Which I'm quite happy with! As for the 50mm lens I plan to get with it until I can afford a couple more... I haven't actually started looking yet. I mean, I could very easily pick one up at a decent price most likely, but if there's anyone on the forum that has a 50mm lens that fits the OM Olympus cameras, are you selling it? Let me know thanks.

Again, thank you all for your kind words and support. I'm already loving this world of analog photography, and I'm glad I found myself here to explore it further.

And hey, if you guys want to see what a 15 year old analog photographer's photographs look like, you can have a look here - http://www.flickr.com/photos/harry-yeates

^ Ignoring the Minolta 7000 photos. Oh my god, true story, at this point I had no idea that ISO was film speed, because I was just so used to ISO on my digital so I assumed it had the same mechanic in film, ahahah, I was using ASA400 film and shooting in 3200, I HAD NO IDEA. Some of them actually came out pretty cool, regardless of how much I accidentally pushed it xD

Again, thank you all <3

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Congratulations on your choice and thank you for sharing your images.
    Stick to B&W film, you're good at it.

And don't forget the sayings from Ansel Adams:
    " ... avoiding the common illusion that creativity depends on equipment alone ... "
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup

* I'm an analogue enthusiast, trying not to fall into the digital abyss.
    * My favorite cameras: Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T2, Nikon F4s, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Although I'm a day late with my input I thought you might be interested in looking at this webpage showing a chart of Nikon cameras and how they compare...

http://www.nikonians.org/reviews?ali...mparison_chart

Regardless of whether you choose to continue with building an Olympus system or choose to investigate Nikon at a later date, evidence of your photostream tells me you will enjoy your venture into the joy of film!
    Sometimes I'm Brilliant but most times I'm Just Myself!

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin