Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,472   Posts: 1,570,947   Online: 803

Shooter
    Large Format

Bought a car camera for 10 cents, but can't find a manual + a question

I picked up a Canon sure shot 60 zoom date, 3 rolls of Fuji 200ASA film and a Polaroid OneStep for 10 cents at a yard sale today. The Canon will live in my car so I'l always have it on hand for things I find in my travels.

The only issue is that it has a date function that will imprint the date on the film. Every manual I can find online is for the non-date version. I'm just looking for a way to disable the date imprinting function so I don't ruin my photos. I've ran through all the settings and there is no off. I popped the back and shot a few ghost frames while looking at the imprint lens with night vision goggles and the only illumination I could find is a small IR light outside of the frame area that I assume counts the perforations to determine frame count or spacing.

If I can't find a manual I guess the only option is to put a small dab of black paint over the imprinting lens to stop it from printing. I didn't take any photos with it yet, but I'd hate to waste a roll just for a quick test. Hoping someone had this camera or a manual and can answer this question. FYI I tried Canon and Butkus with no luck.

Also I think I'll only shoot HP5 in this camera, is there any reason why I can't glue a small piece of a yellow Wratten filter to the back of the rear element? maybe around the lens ring. This will be between the rear element and film. Or should I just stick a small piece in the front of the lens. Both look like they will work.

Thanks

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You could

-) disable the contacts in the back

-) mask that light in the back

mabe even
    -) remove that printing device in the back

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    From my EOS 3000V manual:
    1. Move the > arrow to <DATE>
      * Look at the LCD panel and press the <FUNC> button.
      * If the date has not been set, "---- --" will blink on the LCD panel. See page 26 to set the date and time.
    2. Select the date format.
      * Turn the <shutter speed/aperture> dial.
      * The date format will change in the following loop:
      03 8 18 <--> 8 18 03 <---> 18 8 03 <---> ---- -- <---> 18 16 45
      year,month,day <---> month,day,year <---> day,month,year <---> blank <---> day,hour,minute

the setting you need is "---- --" to disable date imprinting. note: If the date is not set and the display shows a blinking "---- --", then the date/time will not be imprinted.
    The manual also states that the date/time is retained for approximately ten minutes after the batteries have been removed - Handy to know if you want to reset the time.

P.S. eos3000v_instr_eng_toc.pdf
    and also: Rebel_Ti_manual.pdf
    Last edited by paul_c5x4; 06-14-2013 at 05:51 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Press the MODE button until -- -- -- is displayed.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Try this manual, see page 27/42 for setting data back.
    http://www.cameramanuals.org/canon_p...ot_85_zoom.pdf
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin