Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 74,632   Posts: 1,648,013   Online: 933

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

A Hipster meter for your Iphone

“We are buried beneath the weight of information, which is being confused with knowledge; quantity is being confused with abundance and wealth with happiness.
    We are monkeys with money and guns.”

― Tom Waits

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainecoonmaniac View Post
    Sure. Why not. Another ap for a multiuse gadget that does nothing well. The hipsters won't know the difference though given their propensity for using film that's been stored in the attic since the previous millennium, or microwaving it, or processing it in boiling Drano, or whatever it is they do...

It won't replace my Westons and Gossens though...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I doubt it but it will help its'a a great idea to be able to take incidental readings with an iPhone, but it occurs to me it could be even better if the white receptor was completely spherical so it could measure the back light as well as front and sidelight at the same time.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    I doubt it but it will help its'a a great idea to be able to take incidental readings with an iPhone, but it occurs to me it could be even better if the white receptor was completely spherical so it could measure the back light as well as front and sidelight at the same time.
    That's likely the only sort you'll ever get.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Please keep this under your hat, but I'm working on an app that will allow you to use your iphone as a CAMERA. Crazy, I know, but you won't even need a light meter. The attachment will be very simple with a waterproof bellows and gigantic brass Petzval portrait lens.

Seriously, I have an iphone and although I like it, I have yet to find an analog photography app that's really useful. Light meters are inexpensive and plentiful and several orders of magnitude easier to use than fumbling with an iphone.

Shooter
    35mm
    I don't have an iphone. I had the iphone 4s for 1 day and I returned it. luckily they let me return it. I couldn't use it as a phone well enough. I couldn't dial the number without making several mistakes.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry S View Post
    Please keep this under your hat, but I'm working on an app that will allow you to use your iphone as a CAMERA. Crazy, I know, but you won't even need a light meter. The attachment will be very simple with a waterproof bellows and gigantic brass Petzval portrait lens.

Seriously, I have an iphone and although I like it, I have yet to find an analog photography app that's really useful. Light meters are inexpensive and plentiful and several orders of magnitude easier to use than fumbling with an iphone.
    How about an ap that senses when the user is within say 30 yards of another human and disables the phone?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'll stick with my Sekonic 308.

Todd

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I know plenty of people that use light meter apps for shooting medium format. In general use, I've never had any discrepancies between my handheld meter and the light meter app.

Funny thing is, despite the idea that apps make everything easier, my handheld meter is much simpler and quicker to use.

The Sekonic Twinmate L-208 does incident and reflected, is about the same size and price as Lumu, and you can place it on a hotshoe. I find them incredibly easy to use. Now, if Lumu could do flash metering........

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    While it won't replace my Sekonic 408 or Minolta Spotmeter F, I am very happy with the free lightmeter app I installed on my iPhone - it's actually pretty similar to the 408 in that it measures a roughly 10 degree spot. It is quite accurate within that limitation. And while I may not always have a full charge on the battery in my iPhone, I virtually always have the phone with me, so I've got a backup if I forget my meter (which has happened more often than I'd care to admit). So if this Lumu could be more accurate, I'd be interested. Quit hating on technology for the sake of being contrary.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin