Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,935   Posts: 1,557,041   Online: 1256

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by E. von Hoegh View Post
    Correct, but keep in mind that cellphone cameras (due to the tiny sensor they use) have far more DOF than 35mm for the same angle of view.
    Cell phone cams also have f/2 to f/2.5 fixed aperture lenses. With 400 speed film, most compacts will be using f/16 in daylight. Still less DOF than the cell cam, but getting closer. Anyway for what the
    OP asked for (35mm film, compact size, and selfies with two people at arms length meaning focus at 20" or so) a 28mm P&S would be the best bet. Oly XA-4, Nikon Lite*Touch or 28i, Ricoh GR1 or similar.

Shooter
    35mm
    I've had good luck doing one arm portraits of two people with 30mm iphone camera... and I managed to misframe two out of three shots.

So if I were to shoot film, I'd use a tripod. I'm not sure if it's "the best" compact tripod, but it's the one I use and it's light and has a zipper to tie it to posts or round objects. Kind of like gorilla pod with less bulk and weight.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin