Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,745   Posts: 1,515,608   Online: 966

Shooter
    Multi Format

Rollei 35 S hood: how do I mount it?

Hi, I've recently bought a rubber collapsible hood for my Rollei 35 S. I bought it as a replacement to the one I had with the camera whose rubber was ripped. It's an original hood, exactly the same as the one I had on the camera. The only problem is that... I'm not able to mount it The hood is made by two parts: a threaded ring and the rubber collapsable part.

without the rubber the ring can be easily screwed to the front lens. But when I put the metal ring inside the the rubber hood, where it is supposed to be, well... it's almost impossible to screw it on the lens, cause only a fraction of the threading emerge from the rubber...

any suggestions?
    www.damianofedeli.it/english
    _______
    "I am a man, and nothing human is alien to me" (Terence, Latin dramatist)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    problem solved: I've discovered that one has to press the inner ring into the hood with an incredible pressure in order to have the threading coming out enough
    www.damianofedeli.it/english
    _______
    "I am a man, and nothing human is alien to me" (Terence, Latin dramatist)

Shooter
    35mm RF
    i'm a little surprised that yours was in two pieces. mine was a single unit (rubber and ring were together) -- perhaps a former owner glued mine, or tore apart yours...

at any rate, glad to hear you've solved it.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin