Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,286   Posts: 1,535,288   Online: 923

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hey TK....I was looking for samples of the lens on film. Thanks though.

PT - I have the 24mm 2.8D. Even with 400 speed film, inside in a well lit room - I am a little below my hand holding ability. I have a 50mm 1.4, but it is too long for me.
    steve barry
    my stuff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yeah, I see that now. My apologies for not seeing you wanted film results exactly.

I can tell you this much though. I have not been particularly pleased with the fact that newly developed primes often tends to ignore distortion characteristics because they are so easy to correct digitally. This lens seems to have a moderate amount of barrel distortion. That's all I have to add.

Good luck in your search!
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The G series AF nikkors are made to cut the cost of manufacture since they don't have an adjustable aperture. Nikon apparently thought it would be more consumer friendly with it's lower price. I have a 24mm f2 AI that's a great lens for photojournalism, among other things. I use it constantly on my Nikon F2s and F4s. Sharp as a tack and I really don't have a need for that extra stop. I just may push the film a bit when I really need it. And when I'm working with a lens that has that wide an angle of view, just a quick manual focus works just fine for me.

Here's Ken Rockwell's review http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/2420.htm

At the current price range, in my view, it's an alternative worth considering.
    Mark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by stevebarry View Post
    anyone here using this lens? Or know someone who is. Point me in a direction

I am having a hard time finding sample images of this lens shot on film.

Thinking of getting one for my F5.

Thanks
    I have this lens but do not have a film camera capable of using it. The lens is quite large and heavy and I find myself using it less and less. I think in future I will sell this to fund some other camera purchase. It is quite sharp with beautiful bokeh.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    24/2 and Delta 3200 should solve any speed worries you ever had, and will be usable on a greater variety of bodies. Don't forget about the 28/1.8 (both AF-S and AF-D models).

If the conditions you are shooting in are too dim for f/2 and 400, then going up to Delta 3200 is going to be far more helpful than scrambling for an extra f/stop.

Personally I shoot a 35/1.4 Ai-S with D3200 in my F3s and F4, and a 50/2 Summicron on my Leica with either pushed HP5/Tri-X, or D3200. It's really not -that- much grainier than a 400, and it's a very nice pattern.
    See my work at my website CHRISTOPHER LANGE PHOTOGRAPHY

or my snaps at my blog MINIMUM DENSITY
    --
    If you don't have it, then you don't have it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The 24/f2 rocks. I use one along with the 28/f2 when I want it wide on my f3s. Really sharp and a pleasure to use.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    yeah the 24/2 rocks on film, despite its lousy rep on digital.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin