Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,206   Posts: 1,531,827   Online: 887

Shooter
    35mm

Nikon-made bulk-loading cassettes

I have some Nikon cassettes that I bulk-loaded for use in my F; Does anyone know if these cassettes will work in the F2? Thanks so much

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I would bet not, as the key that closes the F back to the body also opens the cassette. As the F2 has a hinged back, I imagine that there is no mechanism to perform that function. But I'll wait for someone who actually owns an F2 to chime in!

Shooter
    35mm
    There was a 36-exposure cassette for the F2, it was Nikon model AM-1. Whether these are the same exact cassettes as those for the F, I don't know. However, the F2 does have an open-close key, as you can see in the fifth picture on this page.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks rthomas. I believe mine are AM-1's. Now I can think about getting a F2.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    the f2 also keys cassettes -- that's why you have to turn that little handle thingy on the bottom to open the back. I sincerely doubt Nikon would have made a different cassette --- backwards compatibility was more popular back then.

Leica did a similar thing -- black knob Leica film cassettes will only work in LTM cameras, but those with chrome knobs were made so they work in both LTM and M.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin