Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,700   Posts: 1,548,530   Online: 1150

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    Look at what I picked up last night. Pretty nifty, huh? The guy had zero sales, so he was passed over by a lot of buyers. I bought it. Heck, the paypal protection is the same. And I already have a piece of side leather and another top right cover to replace the dinged-up on here.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=121130445605

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Don't forget "Antique" as a search criteria. hehe People think that if it's over 5 years old, it's an antique.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use a searches like this:

nikon f -f6 -f3 -f5 -f100 -f5e -f4 -f2 -ftn -f65 -ft -f60 -f401 -f90 -fe -n4004 -f5 -f70

You can keep adding more "-xxx" to he string as you go.

I got about 230 good listings for F cameras with the above search string.
    Also, click "SLR" on the left-hand refinements.

One potential drawback is that this type of search does eliminate some actual "F" camera listings from people that have spam-listed "F" cameras under bogus listings (like "F6") but that is ok by me. I don't want to purchase from sellers that engage in that type of listing anyway.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom1956 View Post
    Look at what I picked up last night. Pretty nifty, huh? The guy had zero sales, so he was passed over by a lot of buyers. I bought it. Heck, the paypal protection is the same. And I already have a piece of side leather and another top right cover to replace the dinged-up on here.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=121130445605
    You know those metered prisms are very good, if the cells and potentiometer are in good shape. Get some flourescent green leather to recover it with.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    you can also just select 'auctions' from the side box.. which usually tends to narrow them quite a bit. and gets rid of most ridiculous 'buy it now' listings

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by E. von Hoegh View Post
    You know those metered prisms are very good, if the cells and potentiometer are in good shape. Get some flourescent green leather to recover it with.
    I've got a tn finder with the long slot that I can swipe a pot or cells out of if I have to. (provided it's the same pot).

Shooter
    Large Format
    Hey--EVH--what is your cure for the px625 problem on the FTN finder?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom1956 View Post
    Hey--EVH--what is your cure for the px625 problem on the FTN finder?
    Hearing aid cells. Block off 3 of the 4 holes, it will last a year or more. You'll have to make a holder for them, I used some plastic tube and sheet copper. You can also recalibrate the finder to use silver oxide 625s (they are available).

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by E. von Hoegh View Post
    Hearing aid cells. Block off 3 of the 4 holes, it will last a year or more. You'll have to make a holder for them, I used some plastic tube and sheet copper. You can also recalibrate the finder to use silver oxide 625s (they are available).
    I've read about your technique for blocking off holes, and it makes sense for longevity's sake. But what about capacity? Seems like by the time you took repeated meter readings in quick succession, that the air intake and chemical reaction would not be able to keep up, and voltage would drop. Further, are you drilling air holes in the battery cover?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It is very difficult to search for 'Nikon F' on Ebay, particularly as only searching in smaller select categories will miss the cameras accidentally placed in the wrong categories, which often turn out to be the bargains because nobody else is searching there. A universal search seems impossible. Another way to find bargains is to search for misspellings, but it is hard to figure out how 'Nikon F' can go wrong.

Steve
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/steve_barnett/

book
    wood, water, rock,
    landscape photographs in and around the Peak District National Park, UK.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin