Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,294   Posts: 1,535,512   Online: 1006

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    IIRC the cover has holes already. I've never had the voltage sag with use, I suppose it would, especially on a bright winter's day - but so far so good.

I'm pretty careful not to have the meter on unless I'm actually using it, also I only use the FTN meter for macro where TTL metering is nice to have. The rest of my metering is done with a LunaSix or a Weston.

Shooter
    35mm
    Try this: enter search term "Nikon F" + body into the category "Cameras and Photo". Go to advanced search and enter this string in the "Exclude words from your search" field:
    F2 F2AS F3 F4 F5 F6 F100 F90X F50 F65 FinePix F80 F801 F70 F401 F301 F75 F801 F601

This resulted in 114 "hits" for me just now. Most everything is either a Nikon F camera body, or lens caps. There are a few additional camera types that still show up, if you wish add them to the field to exclude from your search.

Jim

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by JimCee View Post
    Try this: enter search term "Nikon F" + body into the category "Cameras and Photo". ...

Jim
    I don't like limiting the category because not everyone knows how to put them in the right category, so sometimes the best deals are there... wait. that's my secret. Everyone close your browser and go shoot some photos.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Isn't it always the way?--I bought a rough FTN model for 74 dollars last night, and today there's a pretty one of the same thing for 5 dollars more.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Here's how I would buy a Nikon F: KEH.com! (Sorry)
    Jeff Glass

Photo Blog
    Website

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    You can do search exclusions by prepending something with a -. For example: nikon f body -lens -digital -dslr -adapter -canon -battery -cap -f2 -f3 -f4 -f5 -f6 -fm -autofocus -screen

Shooter
    Large Format
    I wonder where I can get my hands on the Nikon FTN meter calibration procedure. Seems like re-calibrating for 357 batteries would be the best way to go.

And another thing, come to think of it. I wonder if a lubrication point chart or diagram exists.
    Last edited by Tom1956; 06-26-2013 at 08:45 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom1956 View Post
    I wonder where I can get my hands on the Nikon FTN meter calibration procedure. Seems like re-calibrating for 357 batteries would be the best way to go.

And another thing, come to think of it. I wonder if a lubrication point chart or diagram exists.
    Don't wonder, google! http://nikonrepairmanuals.blogspot.com/

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by E. von Hoegh View Post
    sorry, i must be dense... how do you get to these manuals again?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Vilk View Post
    sorry, i must be dense... how do you get to these manuals again?
    Click on the link.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin