Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,768   Posts: 1,484,201   Online: 865

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format

Searching Nikon F on ebay

How do you search for a Nikon F on ebay, I'd like to know. It returns 40 million listings for anything Nikon that has an F in it.

Shooter
    35mm
    "Nikon F" in quotes will help a bit. it still doesn't seem to have the concept of "whole words only," so it will find a Nikon F2 as well (not necessarily a bad thing ) but it's better than nothing i guess...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I did a search on "Nikon F body" and selected the film camera category and got 625 matches, including all F-series cameras. Not very hard to scroll through.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I've tried all that. And yes it's a PITA to scroll through.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Try adding "body" or "camera" or "MF" or "manual focus"
    Mark Barendt, Ignacio, CO

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Ana´s Nin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom1956 View Post
    I've tried all that. And yes it's a PITA to scroll through.
    You must not have the eBay app on your iPad.

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Ana´s Nin

Shooter
    Large Format
    Thanks everyone, but I'm afraid nothing will work to weed out anything not 1959-1971 Nikon F only. Any other keywords would also go to filter out a portion the F's themselves. Especially words like "manual focus" or "body" and the like. Remember, people who know nothing of cameras and simply put up thrift-shop items, don't use these words.Come to think of it, without a finder, the Nikon F has no model stamped on it at all.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    You could also qualify it by the finder you want

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom1956 View Post
    Thanks everyone, but I'm afraid nothing will work to weed out anything not 1959-1971 Nikon F only. Any other keywords would also go to filter out a portion the F's themselves. Especially words like "manual focus" or "body" and the like. Remember, people who know nothing of cameras and simply put up thrift-shop items, don't use these words.Come to think of it, without a finder, the Nikon F has no model stamped on it at all.
    That's not always bad, poorly listed items get fewer real buyers; yes they are tougher to find but can be better deals. I've done that several times.

Also I always look for bodies with lenses; many times the lens can be sold to cover a good share of the total cost.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just did a search for, nikon "F", camera body and when it gave me the results I simply went to the categories on the left and selected vintage which produced a result of 120 items. If 120 is too many to look thru, you may not be serious about buying. You might also post a WTB message in this forum. Bill Barber

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin