Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,937   Posts: 1,585,639   Online: 776
      
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 26 of 26
  1. #21

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Posts
    167
    I love analog photography and I love Nikon SLR's (I have an FM3A) but if you have one FM3A, purchasing another is like buying a boat anchor because in a few years that's all it will be useful for as film disappears.
    Use the FM3A you have, while you can and spend the money for another FM3A on film while you can.-Dick

  2. #22

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Mission Viejo, California
    Shooter
    127 Format
    Posts
    1,490
    Film is a funny thing, the more we use the more they make.

    Better buy more cameras and use them all. Don't let them sit.

    Burn that film and more will magically appear.
    - Bill Lynch

  3. #23

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    northern england
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    739
    Quote Originally Posted by wblynch View Post
    Film is a funny thing, the more we use the more they make.

    Better buy more cameras and use them all. Don't let them sit.

    Burn that film and more will magically appear.
    At the risk of diverting the thread, you make an interesting point. I tend to buy film in bulk and freeze it until needed. How do manufacturers and retailers cope with such buying patterns?

  4. #24

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    409
    Quote Originally Posted by blockend View Post
    At the risk of diverting the thread, you make an interesting point. I tend to buy film in bulk and freeze it until needed. How do manufacturers and retailers cope with such buying patterns?
    the way the ocean copes with the rain

    Quote Originally Posted by wblynch View Post
    Film is a funny thing, the more we use the more they make.
    Better buy more cameras and use them all. Don't let them sit.
    Burn that film and more will magically appear.
    good one. i'm gonna give this little haiku (or is it a verbose translation of one?) some... exposure, if you don't mind

  5. #25
    Richard Sintchak (rich815)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    San Francisco area (Albany, California)
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    3,264
    Images
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by blockend View Post
    At the risk of diverting the thread, you make an interesting point. I tend to buy film in bulk and freeze it until needed. How do manufacturers and retailers cope with such buying patterns?
    If you went down to the auto dealer and bought 4 cars at once with the idea of driving one now and keeping the rest in storage to use later instead of buying one car now and maybe more in the future guess which he'd prefer you do?

    He'd cut you a great deal too.
    Last edited by Richard Sintchak (rich815); 08-04-2013 at 01:18 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    -----------------------

    "Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

    Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

    My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

    My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

  6. #26

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    246
    Quote Originally Posted by budrichard View Post
    I love analog photography and I love Nikon SLR's (I have an FM3A) but if you have one FM3A, purchasing another is like buying a boat anchor because in a few years that's all it will be useful for as film disappears.
    Use the FM3A you have, while you can and spend the money for another FM3A on film while you can.-Dick
    I was thinking of that too, or just use the money for a nice vacation

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123


 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin