Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,765   Posts: 1,484,074   Online: 1001

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Particles inside Nikkormat on rewind.

So now on my FT2 (glad I didn't sell it) I've developed a problem with white particles showing up after rewind. Can anyone confirm the existence of plastic gearing in the Nikkormat bodies?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FT2.jpg  
    W.A. Crider

Shooter
    Multi Format
    More likely from film than gears. IIRC the only plastic gears are associated with the shutter speed ring.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Definitely not from the film as I've checked. Rewind seems to have gotten a little funky tho.

(I should have looked closer)
    Last edited by waynecrider; 07-02-2013 at 05:11 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    W.A. Crider

Shooter
    Multi Format
    When you push the rewind button, the sprocket and take up reel are taken out of gear, so that shouldn't be it. What does the rewind crank feel like with no film in the camera? The rewind crank is all by itself, that is without film you just have that shaft turning by itself.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Figured it out. I put a different film in for a test and got different colored shavings, so it is from the film and apparently the guide rails must be causing it as there are marks thru the perforated holes of the film. Why now, I have no idea. It happened on new and old film. I may try some light filing to see if I can remedy it. Interesting that it just cropped up.
    W.A. Crider

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin