Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,524   Posts: 1,543,868   Online: 901

Shooter
    Large Format

Keep, sell or throw out?

I have two cameras I don't need a Konica C35 and a Yashica Electo 35GSN. Both are not working for whatever reason. Actually they both "work" the C35 has a meter issue and only fires at 1/500th and bulb and the Yashica looks like it was taken apart, but it works 50% of the time.

Was wondering if it's worth keeping them for parts/screws or should I just sell them or even just throw them away?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Offer them here for the price of postage.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    i have the problem a lot lately as i clean out stuff from my "that's cool!" period. If boxing it and mailing it if someone else pays the postage feels like too much trouble, just toss it.

especially if it doesn't work, as the two you mention seem to not. Maybe find a little kid who will like them as decorations/toys, or take them apart just to see how they work.

whichever, be at peace. At these prices, there's really no wrong answers.

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Some people need the cameras for parts - for whatever reason. "Toss it" means trash, and that's a bad idea for things that could be reused to get other C35 and 35GSNs back and working.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Maybe it is good idea to have thread on "Classifieds For Trade": something like changing "thrash or toys" for "thrash or toys or films"?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Don't trash it. If anything, put a note on it and dontate it to a thrift store or Goodwill or something

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin