Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,856   Posts: 1,583,037   Online: 897

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Horizon Perfekt - user experiences, please

I am considering purchasing a Horizon Perfekt from Lomography.

First, I am very much into sharp and well defined photographs. So that will be one of my BIG concern. I am also NOT into light leak and random effects that Lomo is known for. It *seems* Horizon line is better made with glass lens but I'm going by random reviews.

I would like to get user opinions, please. Please tell me if you actually own this camera and use it yourself, or if you are repeating something you saw elsewhere. Both are welcome and appreciated but I'd like to know which is which.

My expectation of sharpness is, able to print on 11x14 paper full frame (obviously, the image will not fill the paper vertically) and not see softening. I don't expect top end Nikon sharp or Zeiss sharp but I would like to see decent results.

I will be shooting B&W mainly and print myself in my darkroom.

If you have any other ideas about any other cameras in panoramic shoots, I'd like to hear that too.

Thanks very mucho!
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    35mm Pan
    Buy original Horizon 202, not one from overpriced Lomo. Happy user with 25 years of experience shooting with Horizont and Horizon 202. You can see examples at my web site, all pictures there are taken with those two cameras.
    Goran

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have the Horizon 202, which is an earlier version. The lens is fixed focus, but 11x14 is very achievable. Tripods and mono pods are helpful. It can be hand held, but the grip is almost necessary to keep your fingers out of the picture.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

JLP
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Horizon Perfekt is a very good camera with a fine lens. I regrettably sold mine about a year ago because I needed the money for something else.
    I could see myself buying another one I the future.
    I don't think you will be disappointed as far as sharpness goes with this camera if you compare it to other 35mm film cameras.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The Horizon cameras have nothing to do with the cameras typically sold by Lomography.

The lens is of the Tessar type. As only a lesser coverage is needed a Tessar of quite short focal lenght is sufficient.
    Last edited by AgX; 07-04-2013 at 02:22 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What do you mean??

Lomography site has Horizon Perfekt and Kompact listed. You mean they don't make them that they are just dealers?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Get a Fuji TX1 or a Hasselblad Xpan... they are super!!!
    Logan

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by tkamiya View Post
    What do you mean??

Lomography site has Horizon Perfekt and Kompact listed. You mean they don't make them that they are just dealers?

Yes they are listed there, but Horizon (Horizont) panorama cameras are being made by KMZ in Krasnogorsk/Russia starting back in 1967 !

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I had a Horizon Perfekt, it did not leak light or anything like that. The lens I found to be pretty sharp, in fact, it was very sharp. Obviously if you don't get the horizon straight, it'll look very curved.

I liked it on balance, it was a cool camera, no reliability issues, easy to use etc. It goes without saying that the XPan is probably the better camera, but it's also priced accordingly. I think the Horizon is actually a pretty nice camera.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by whlogan View Post
    Get a Fuji TX1 or a Hasselblad Xpan... they are super!!!
    Logan

Yeah.... let me see if I can find some $2000 in my pocket....

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin