Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,962   Posts: 1,523,148   Online: 935

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JBrunner View Post
    I have a Holga. It wasn't crappy enough so I baked it in the oven a little bit. I also have a very nice 8x10 inch view camera with lenses that cost the GDP of some third world countries. I enjoy using them both. People who run down a particular method of photography generally don't know much about photography.

Hint... It ain't about cameras.
    You always surprise me and its always in a good way...

Also why isn't your most expensive camera a 20x24 "field camera" or something ridiculous? Haha

~Stone | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by redrockcoulee View Post
    Perhaps you should look at a few issues of Light Leak to try to learn what others appreciate in low fi photography
    I have seen quite a few samples from Diana devotees etc. and still don't like the photos. There are people who appreciate hitting their corns with ball peen hammers because it feels so good when you stop.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald C Koch View Post
    I just don't understand lomography and the idea of purposely taking a bad photograph.
    Bad is in the eye of the beholder... Just because you don't see it, it doesn't mean that "art" can't be created with them.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I am attracted to well-executed examples of photography done with poor-quality optics/incomplete light seals/overwhelming flare...

It is a direction towards abstraction. But primarily it exemplifies a common sentiment here: It's not the camera that takes remarkable photographs, it is the photographer.

Though I am now experimenting with (developing the film right now) a half-frame roll from a camera which I believe at least tries to form quality images. I don't think this camera qualifies as Lomo, but it's another chip away from the Group f/64 ideal.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Burk View Post
    ... experimenting with (developing the film right now) a half-frame roll from a camera which I believe at least tries to form quality images....
    Don't know why I'm surprised, darn thing (Yashica Samurai Z) forms reasonable images on film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've tried shooting through shot glass's, thick glass ashtrays, colored vases, and bought cheap Cokin and no name screw in filters. If I destroyed them I just toss them. For me its just fun seeing what I get and a lot never make it to the stop bath. I develop C-41 color and black and white film in D-76. If you are enjoying it do not worry about what anyone else thinks. I get grief from my brother all the time because I still use film.

David
    “In the end, it's not going to matter how many breaths you took,
    but how many moments took your breath away.”
    ― Shing Xiong

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by one90guy View Post
    I've tried shooting through shot glass's, thick glass ashtrays, colored vases, and bought cheap Cokin and no name screw in filters. If I destroyed them I just toss them. For me its just fun seeing what I get and a lot never make it to the stop bath. I develop C-41 color and black and white film in D-76. If you are enjoying it do not worry about what anyone else thinks. I get grief from my brother all the time because I still use film.

David
    Try developing C-41 in B&W chems...

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Expired film is fun to work with too.

But the 100 speed film I just tried tests at speed between 32-40. Will I be able to remember to push the +/- button twice every time I turn on the auto-everything camera?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    then there are the occasional serendipitous accidents in the developing tank of course.
    I'm interested in abstraction, although this started out as just a simple snap of a landscape (it was on one of a few rolls shot quickly for the purpose of my trying out reversal) it ended up as something I like very much:

The frustrating thing is that though I have notes on the process that created this , I bet I could never reproduce it ...

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Just dip it in water for 10 minutes, then put it in a zip lock bag wet, then put in the freezer overnight, then thaw it, repeat the water logging process, then freeze it again overnight, take it out dry it in the darkroom, re-roll it in dry paper, and shoot, should work

Quote Originally Posted by pdeeh View Post
    then there are the occasional serendipitous accidents in the developing tank of course.
    I'm interested in abstraction, although this started out as just a simple snap of a landscape (it was on one of a few rolls shot quickly for the purpose of my trying out reversal) it ended up as something I like very much:

The frustrating thing is that though I have notes on the process that created this , I bet I could never reproduce it ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin