Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,908   Posts: 1,556,029   Online: 1148

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Searching Ebay for 'parts or repair' throws up some interesting lenses. I got an awful 50mm Nikkor f/1.4 for £8 that looked like it had been in the bottom of a camera bag without front or rear caps for thirty years. It works very well when stopped down, but open it up and from f/2.8 and wider the diffusion of light caused by the dents and scratches in the front element render a Lomo style look. Because the underlying lens is a good design you don't get total image breakdown, indeed it isn't a bad portrait lens, but as a way to make a more 'expressive' image it is if nothing else cheap and effective.

Steve
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/steve_barnett/

book
    wood, water, rock,
    landscape photographs in and around the Peak District National Park, UK.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald C Koch View Post
    It has nothing to do with plastic cameras per se. I just don't understand lomography and the idea of purposely taking a bad photograph. Some of these plastic cameras were perfectly dreadful with all sorts of light leaks, lens distortions, etc. There are some older plastic cameras that take creditable photographs. But Lomo was to me a ripoff. I have a Brownie Hawkeye 620 that I occasionally use when I am feeling nostalgic.
    i've been known to think lomo cameras are overpriced, but their basic concept is very sound. They've got a long list of 10 precepts which a lot of photographers could learn from http://www.lomography.com/about/the-ten-golden-rules: When in doubt, shoot. Let zen aim. Quit worrying about perfection. Carry a camera with you always. Be fast. Don't think. Ignore rules.

And so on.

Photography is 5 percent equipment and 95 percent you. Take what works for you, leave the rest.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin