Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,899   Posts: 1,521,073   Online: 923

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    May I say that the title of this thread - ART CAMERA has great commercial possibilities should anyone design such a camera and market it under this name.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by erikg View Post
    A camera that would allow you to swap as many lenses as possible regardless of make would be great. Variable picture formats too.
    My 8x10 cameras let me use many lenses; 150 years worth at least, and I can change backs to have different picture formats. Most of the LF cameras have these capabilities.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jp498 View Post
    My 8x10 cameras let me use many lenses; 150 years worth at least, and I can change backs to have different picture formats. Most of the LF cameras have these capabilities.
    Yes. True. I think the OP was going for something along the lines of a miniature format camera.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Well, check out Miroslav Tichy's home-brew contraption if you want an "art" small format camera.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    It seems to me that Holga users think they are using an art camera. For the rest of us... how about a digital camera with nipple recognition focusing.

Shooter
    35mm
    A camera who's viewfinder has the ability to very accurately judge which point on the ground glass you are looking at and use that as an autofocus point. i.e. say you making an exposure of a band jamming in a park and your eye catches a unique movement by the drummer, the camera would track where your eye is looking on the ground glass and focus the lens on that point the moment before you release the shutter.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by spatz View Post
    A camera who's viewfinder has the ability to very accurately judge which point on the ground glass you are looking at and use that as an autofocus point. i.e. say you making an exposure of a band jamming in a park and your eye catches a unique movement by the drummer, the camera would track where your eye is looking on the ground glass and focus the lens on that point the moment before you release the shutter.
    Canon made a few cameras that included Eye Control Focusing:

Eye-controlled focusing[edit]

Through the tracking of eyeball movements, EOS cameras equipped with eye-controlled focusing (ECF) are able to choose the appropriate autofocus point based on where the user is looking in the viewfinder frame. ECF comes especially useful in sports photography where the subject may shift its position in the frame rapidly.
    EOS cameras equipped with ECF are the EOS A2E (U.S. model names are shown; see the table below for equivalents in other countries), EOS Elan IIE, EOS IXe, EOS-3, EOS Elan 7E, and EOS Elan 7NE.
    Canon has not continued its use of eye-controlled focusing with its digital SLRs, however. The EOS Elan 7NE is the last EOS camera to have this function.

That excerpt is from the Wikipedia page for Canon EOS.

The actual focus points are limited to a finite number of points.

The real problem with the Eye Controlled Focus systems is that the function didn't work for everyone, and for those who could use it, it might work when they weren't wearing glasses, but would stop working when glasses were put on.

It works for me on two of my cameras (both with and without glasses) and I really like it.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by spatz View Post
    Done.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canon_E...olled_focusing

Shooter
    35mm
    thank you both. my ignorance has been resolved!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    All the gadgetry is a fun part of the deal with photography.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin