Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,819   Posts: 1,581,648   Online: 825

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    How about a SLR viewfinder that shows you more than you"re getting on film, like a Leica M?

Shooter
    Multi Format

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Can't you just put a Dymo label over the name plate of your current favorite camera? You know, "ART". When you tire of that replace it with one that says "Bruce".

ref: Monty Python
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    35mm
    I just want a camera that does what I want it to do--it's not rocket science. Why should I be content w/what Joe Pro Shithead uses? Most pros do the same few things all the time.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Any camera on the planet can be an 'art' camera.
    The important bit is how well you learn to see with the camera, not just through it. Skill, experience and knowing what you set out to achieve and how is far more useful than hollow dreams.

Shooter
    35mm
    My dreams aren't hollow--I've been working at the highest levels of art photography since I was 19 (now I'm 66). What's wrong with IMPROVING TOOLS for those of us that take photography seriously rather than just try to make a buck at it? All I did was post a simple thread asking what people desire in a 35mm camera, and I get all this flak telling me I don't know how to use what I have. What a Crock!
    Last edited by chip j; 07-09-2013 at 12:40 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by chip j View Post
    My dreams aren't hollow--I've been working at the highest levels of art photography since I was 19 (now I'm 66). What's wrong with IMPROVING TOOLS for those of us that take photography seriously rather than just try to make a buck at it? All I did was post a simple thread asking what people desire in a 35mm camera, and I get all this flak telling me I don't know how to use what I have. What a Crock!

LOL! They're not the words I used, I see.
    Good for you, that's a long stretch. But no, you are not being given flak. There was an important message in my response. Irrespective of experience or skill, what else do you think could be done for your work, not about the camera? Cameras have been "improved" (not entirely to the benefit of the craft) since Nelson lost an eye. But they still are only a little box to hold a roll of film. As an artist, a camera is a means to an end, but not an end in itself. The product is a print, a step toward your vision, and it should be unbridled by a coterie of technology to bring it to fruition (e.g. medium and large format do not need the electronics you speak of e.g. autofocus sensors around the edge of a viewfinder. Why do you need that? Workaround: Compose, move the camera, recompose). Maybe even chuck away 35mm and use a pinhole camera for an entirely new perspective, and do away with viewfinders, electronic gimmickry, focusing aids and flashing lights?
    “The photographer must determine how he wants the finished print to look before he exposes the negative.
    Before releasing the shutter, he must seek 'the flame of recognition,' a sense that the picture would reveal
    the greater mystery of things...more clearly than the eyes see."
    ~Edward Weston, 1922.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    A camera that is connected full time to the internet, monitoring buying patterns of potential customers. When the scene in the viewfinder contains content someone is willing to pay for, the frameline turn GREEN. The camera then automatically chooses the post processing art style that will generate the highest revenue, and will post the image for saie on the most desirable stock photo sites, and mail exclusive offers to individual clients most likely to buy the image. Additionally it will post the image on the owner's personal photo website, and on a social website of the owner's choosing, and will tweet it for the photographer's thousands of adoring followers. The camera will include a Google maps feature analyzing the most likely geographic locations for taking a photo that will increase the artist photographers reputation or bank account, or both.

The camera will also display the amount of money each image in the camera has earned.

Oh wait, this is APUG...

Any Nikon F series... :-P

Shooter
    35mm
    This site should be retitiled ASUG--Analog Simpleton's Users Group.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by erikg View Post
    A camera that would allow you to swap as many lenses as possible regardless of make would be great. Variable picture formats too.
    It's called a NEX. I guess the film equivalent would be something like the Bessa L, just a box that holds the film behind the shutter. Or a view camera.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin