Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,329   Posts: 1,537,193   Online: 813

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bild.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	67.5 KB 
ID:	71380

Shooter
    35mm
    I apologizfor the name-calling & insults; I'll just let this thread die or go it's own way w/o me.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    maybe a fully customizable way to focus and view the image?
    so instead of looking through a viewfinder you would look at the back like a view camera
    and have a way to manipulate in the camera through lens and film plane movements
    like a view camera, but with a very small camera instead ... but not so small that
    the image is unsee-able, it would be magnified and brightened and
    the image focused would be 4x the size of the actual film, so the camera operator,
    with the movement of a finger could crop and manipulate the focus of the final image anyway he or she wanted to.

it seems like a waste of time to me to have all these intense options for a 35mm camera, or any camera,
    since when one spends so much time fiddling around with "stuff" the moment has passed ...

an "artist camera" for me is just a simple box all that extra fluff isn't really necessary ..
    silver magnets, trickle tanks sold
    artwork often times sold for charity
    PM me for details

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by chip j View Post
    I apologizfor the name-calling & insults; I'll just let this thread die or go it's own way w/o me.
    I still don't understand what you want! You post something not clear then leave it there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jp498 View Post
    Get a holga and focus differently; definitely an ART camera.
    That was my first thought!
    Bruce

Moma don't take my Kodachrome away!
    Oops, Kodak just did!

BruceCSdunekPhotography.zenfolio.com

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Any camera is an artiste's camera as long as the person behind it has green hair and a bunch or nose rings.

Shooter
    35mm
    Sorry, bur I do have a mental problem that keeps me from articulating in detail. But I do have a knack for taking pics.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Just got back from the mtns, brought two cameras and I should have brought only one. The consumer-grade odd-duck half-frame camera was amusing, but I had to "turn it on" and wait for it to be ready to shoot, I had little control (but I could set "modes" that reverted as soon as I turned it off). It also was low-quality plastic build which I think I wore out on the one trip. Not something I think will be a regular camera in my repertoire...

When I switched gears and picked up the OM-1, I felt much, much closer to holding a camera I would choose to pursue art. But then I like Galen Rowell and took a copy of his book to the mtns this trip.

As The Flying Council offered, a Rolleiflex is very good as an art camera. In an artist's hands it is a simple self-contained unit that doesn't require accessories to get the job done, it makes a large negative that can be blown up to mural size if the vision demands.

I took this thread as a playful "what if", and tossed out an idea I got from a few weeks ago when shooting in a dark club and I couldn't see the viewfinder. I did get one frame in the dark that became a quick favorite - but from my perspective it could have been better composed. Night vision technology could be put to the task. Also a digital finder for a film camera would be very, cool. I don't think it would be commercially produced but maybe an amateur could rig something. Maybe someone can program an app for a smart phone that you take a picture, manipulate the image and then it tells you the settings to transcribe to a film camera including distance, f/stop, shutter speed, film and development time.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin