Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,962   Posts: 1,558,318   Online: 1001

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Designing an "ART" camera?

After many decades of 35mm cameras designed for Pros and the "common folk", how about a camera for Artists? I, for one, would like to see autofocus sensors in the corners and around the edges of the focusing screen. Any other ideas? Chip

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    A TLR with Night Vision technology built in so you can focus and compose in dark settings (especially if you are going to shoot flash).

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    An electronic digital preview of depth of field at your working aperture, but as the finished bright image may appear. Also a viewfinder that will at the press of a button show your viewfinder image X 4 with each one rotated 90 degrees.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A Leica M series camera.

A Nikon F series camera.

A Hasselblad 500/200 series camera.

Any large format camera.

Fuck it, any camera.

They make pens designed for artists too, but my friend Adam does these drawings with a garden variety Sakura ink-liner.

See my work at my website CHRISTOPHER LANGE PHOTOGRAPHY

or my snaps at my blog MINIMUM DENSITY
    --
    If you don't have it, then you don't have it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A camera that will pay your rent/mortgage for you?
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    35mm
    I've had Leicas, pro Nikons, Contax G, but none of them is a Tool that really does the job (I shoot cars from a few inches away and like to focus in the corners of the viewfinder). My idea for this thread is realy a Hail Mary to Nikon & Cosina.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by chip j View Post
    I've had Leicas, pro Nikons, Contax G, but none of them is a Tool that really does the job (I shoot cars from a few inches away and like to focus in the corners of the viewfinder). My idea for this thread is realy a Hail Mary to Nikon & Cosina.
    Fair enough...I can agree with you on that point as far as AF is concerned. If we can have 5000 AF points clustered in the center, would it kill them to put one more in each far corner?
    See my work at my website CHRISTOPHER LANGE PHOTOGRAPHY

or my snaps at my blog MINIMUM DENSITY
    --
    If you don't have it, then you don't have it.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I've got what I need - a pair of Rolleiflexes. Those, and for when I really really really just have to change lenses, large format cameras. Everything else is either icing or a distraction. If I could get my hands on a ground glass back and a trio of film holders for 12x20, I'd make myself a dedicated vertical portrait 12x20 sliding box camera.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by chip j View Post
    After many decades of 35mm cameras designed for Pros and the "common folk", how about a camera for Artists? I, for one, would like to see autofocus sensors in the corners and around the edges of the focusing screen. Any other ideas? Chip
    Get a holga and focus differently; definitely an ART camera.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A camera that would allow you to swap as many lenses as possible regardless of make would be great. Variable picture formats too.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin