Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,522   Posts: 1,572,247   Online: 801

Shooter
    Multi Format

So my Pentax ME Super's PC port plug disappeared...

Like, the socket is there, but where there should be the part that actually accepts the plug, the female part is missing. I'm not entirely sure how this happened, but it seems like it simply just got yanked out. I shoot a lot of strobe work, so I definitely need it. Does anyone know if it's replaceable before I start looking into either replacing the entire camera or hotshoe based options?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Possibly the retaining ring unscrewed and allowed the part to fall back into the camera body. I don't see how the part could fall out unless the wire is broken.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Did you check the end of all of your sync cables? That's what typically happens. While it could be replaced, a hotshoe adapter would be the most cost effective solution.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick A View Post
    Possibly the retaining ring unscrewed and allowed the part to fall back into the camera body. I don't see how the part could fall out unless the wire is broken.
    Hmm, interesting. Do you know if there is anyway of possibly fishing it out then?

Quote Originally Posted by maderik View Post
    Did you check the end of all of your sync cables? That's what typically happens. While it could be replaced, a hotshoe adapter would be the most cost effective solution.
    I did, and I couldn't seem to find it, unfortunately. Thanks for the help!

Shooter
    35mm
    I paid about $7.00 a few years back for a CD that covered the ME Super construction & repair. I found it on E-Bay. I still have 3 ME Supers. It is fairly simple to work on, but I used to work on adding machines & calculators.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin