Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,549   Posts: 1,544,627   Online: 722

Shooter
    35mm

What kind of tool do I need to remove the film advance lever on a Minolta SRT 101?

How can I remove the film advance lever on my Minolta SRT 101 without damaging it. Mine is all beat up by someone trying to remove it. I want to swap but do I need a tool or something. I can not really get a good grip. Can it be un screweed?
    Thanks

Here is what I need to do.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails minolt6.gif  

Shooter
    Large Format
    I have worked on one. I can't exactly recall. See this helpful link.:
    http://www.kyphoto.com/classics/foru...tml?1193490776

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This:

http://www.micro-tools.com/store/C-F...xi-Clamps.aspx

Alternatively you can try a latex glove or dental dam (which MT also sells).
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A improvised tool at least for non-lacquered surfaces might be attaching a lever by means of hot melt glue.

ath
    Shooter
    35mm
    You need to unscrew 3013-02. Slip a piece of rubber hose over a plier and have a go. If 3013-02 is already damaged skip the hose.
    Regards,
    Andreas

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Removal is easy, simple pliers will work. Use a rubber stopper or rubber something to tighten on the new nut. I have repaired many of these SRT cameras, they are quite easy to work on.

Shooter
    35mm
    I always use masking tape...it works every time and never risks scratching or destroying your camera. Roll a piece of tape which is about 2.5 inches long inside out so that you make a roll which is sticky on all exposed sides. Then stick this on the ring and grip and unscrew. I do the same thing with Canonets. If you want to see images, please see below (taken from the Canonet re-sealing instructions I've written).
    Jon
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MVC-002F.JPG   MVC-003F.JPG   MVC-004F.JPG   MVC-005F.JPG  

Shooter
    35mm
    Thank Jon, it worked. Thank you so much.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin